Menu

Puppy names!

Hmmmm...if I were to start thinking of names right now, I would probably rattle off the Twilight characters (too recent read - still stuck in my head). What direction are you wanting to go with a name? Symbolic, cool, fun, unique???

Congrats. I think pictures are in order!

I don't know what direction to go.

I know I like two syllable names.

Names that end with y are my favorite, though I also like names that end in o. (I had a sheltie named Tango)

I don't want a stuffy, snotty names names.

I do like people names, but not sure that is the direction I want to go. (Jack, Harry)

I dislike your average every day dog names.

I like place names (had a cat named Boston once)

I'd like a spunky, cute name that he can grow into.

I already have a dog named Hootie.

So...I don't know. I'm just looking for a cool name. I've looked and looked through baby name and pet name books and cannot find one that I just love.

Rhonda

Bongo

Waldo

Charlie/Charley

Wally

All I can say is, you'll know it when you get it right!

We named a dog Zeus once and it just. wasn't. right. After a few weeks we changed his name to Duncan (he never responded to Zeus but paid attention when we said Duncan...guess he liked it better, too!).

I like McDuff that someone mentioned. From the McDuff series of childrens books about a Westie!

We just got a puppy and we named him Biscuit. And we have another dog named Chase. Chase seems like it would fit a Westie well.

I've always wanted to name a mischevious little puppy Stitch. I also like Parker for a dog. Or I could look at my favorite TV Show....Lost. Then there would be Jack, Locke, Sawyer, Faraday, Miles, Ben, Hurley, Sayid, Eko, Charlie, Desmond, Boone, etc.