Menu

I'm typing by candlelight

and it's not by choice :glare: We thought we had survived the ice storm fine because we still had power. Then we lost cable internet on Tuesday evening, but still had power. Today we lost power @ 2 and now we have cable and no power lol. I am on my son's lap top and have @ 2 hours battery left. I pray the power goes back on soon. I know there are others who have been without power all along and are much worse off then us.

My son's college has no power so he hasn't had classes since Monday and they are closed again tomorrow.

Edited to add: I forgot @ this LO" During the storm, my DH was in his office in the garage when a tree snapped and fell on the garage roof. My poor dh jumped @ 3 feet LOL! It didn't damage the roof, but gave my DH a near heart attack.

How is everyone else in the path of this storm?

Edited by Quiver0f10

My folks live in Fayetteville AR and are without power. My in-laws and brother-in-law and family live in boothill of Missouri and have no electric, water and have heard nothing about when it will be up. Gas is short, food stores are limiting customers and must pay cash. Generators are on order. We live in Mt. Vernon, IL and received approx. 8-10 inches of fluffy, white stuff and guiltily we have built snow forts,sledded down our hills and made snow ice cream!!! We are trying to do it with all of those less fortunate in mind! Be safe and good luck during this....

We haven't lost power either, and with the warmer weather and sun today, my road is no longer a giant block of ice. It's a big pile of slush. (Now, chances are high that it will freeze tonight and be large piles of ice, but tomorrow is supposed to be warm and it will melt again.) Schools were closed all this week, but it looks like our local schools at least will be open tomorrow. (Some aren't though.) I was shocked that they were even closed today. All the main roads were clear yesterday.

Glad you're at least surviving and have internet! We were without for a litte more than a day, but at least still had hot water and our landline phone. The wet wood in the fireplace just wasn't cutting it this morning, though, LOL, and the upstairs was down to 49 degrees when the electricity finally popped back on!

I sympathize with everyone who is being affected by this massive storm. Schools have been closed for three days here this week (most are reopening tomorrow), but nobody lost power. It was nothing compared to last December when we were without power or water for a week. It's AWFUL to have to wait and try to figure it all out. We're definitely dependent on our power sources. I hope everyone is able to stay warm!