Menu

What no LOST talk?

There is so much of this show I just can't remember and/or understand. It's hopeless without rewatching the past seasons on dvd or doing research.

Did they explain through this time travel angle:

1. dead people up in the trees?

2. smoke?

3. voices?

Also - the Dharma Initiative, Ben, Charles Widmore, and the Others just completely confuse me. I can't keep it straight. Is there a link for a Lost refresher course :).

I have such a love/hate relationship with this show...as much as I enjoy it...I hate it just as much. It takes an hour of my week, but gives me nothing in return....except Sawyer! hehe:D

I feel exactly the same way. I almost feel like there's no point in my watching this show because I have so little grasp of the details and nuances! It's also almost physically painful for me to wait the week in between shows. I'm trying to convince DH to just abandon it for the season so we can wait until it comes out on DVD. Then we can just send the kids to my parents' for a weekend and watch the entire thing in one insane marathon sitting, no suspense required :lol:

OK, I have to ask this because I just don't have time to go back and watch the episode right now...

We missed the first 15 minutes, so we didn't get to see Penny have the baby. Did they definitely name the baby Charlie IN HONOR OF Charlie? DH seems to think that Desmond's son Charlie could be Charlie himself--that it's possible that though it seems to us that Desmond must be in the current time, he's really existing at some point in the past and has just fathered the Charlie we know.

Is that at all feasible? I was trying to think back along the episode to all the details of the Desmond scenes, and from what I remember, I didn't see anything that definitely placed him in current time, as opposed to, say, the very early 1980s.

What do you think?

My dh thinks so as well but I really don't see how that is possible because we know that he was in Charlie's current time when Penny was looking for him on the boat. From what I can tell he has been in current time with our survivors except for the flash backs to his past.

OK, I have to ask this because I just don't have time to go back and watch the episode right now...

We missed the first 15 minutes, so we didn't get to see Penny have the baby. Did they definitely name the baby Charlie IN HONOR OF Charlie? DH seems to think that Desmond's son Charlie could be Charlie himself--that it's possible that though it seems to us that Desmond must be in the current time, he's really existing at some point in the past and has just fathered the Charlie we know.

Is that at all feasible? I was trying to think back along the episode to all the details of the Desmond scenes, and from what I remember, I didn't see anything that definitely placed him in current time, as opposed to, say, the very early 1980s.

What do you think?

I don't think so because remeber season 1 I believe he saw Charlie outside a bar and when Charlie was talking with his brother didn't it show like flashes of his family him at the piano with mother a scene with the father when he was young?? I could be wrong though.

And since we know Daniel has been there before (and also, like Richard, doesn't seem to age), what does that say about him?

How do we know this? I must have missed this somehow. When did we see him there in a previous time other than the current jumping around with our survivors?

How do we know this? I must have missed this somehow. When did we see him there in a previous time other than the current jumping around with our survivors?

I think it was one of the episodes last week. I'm fuzzy on the details, but it was in a scene when they were drilling underground.

My dd pointed this out. You know the gray haired lady that was at the end of last weeks episode, the one talking to Ben "God help us all" if he didnt get Hurley...you know that lady?

Mrs. Faraday. Methinks she's Daniel's mother and has also been on the island--Ellie, the gun-toting girl.

I took this from the ABC recap site:

From the Because You Left episode:

Daniel Faraday is back in time during the height of the Dharma Initiative, when it's revealed that the island holds an energy source capable of making time travel possible.

I knew I remembered it, but not from where until I looked it up. Of course, just because we saw him there still might not actually mean anything.

We've seen Charlie's mum and dad before in one of his flashbacks.

Edited by WordGirl

We've seen Charlie's mum and dad before in one of his flashbacks.

Ah, thank you! I must have missed seeing those episodes. I wasn't as dedicated during seasons 1 and 2 as I should have been :lol: I spent most of season 1 confused as to whether I was watching first-run episodes or reruns, and eventually got completely hooked around the beginning of season 2. I like to remind DH about how I used to tell him about this mind-blowing show I was watching and how he used to scoff at me until he sat down with me for an episode or two to half-watch while he worked. I can still remember the look on his face when he turned to me, open-mouthed, after the second episode he watched with me. He had that "WTH????" look on his face that we both wear at around 10:03 PM on Wednesdays now :lol: And another Lostie was born!

Here are the latest tidbits from Kristin from E! Onlline:

WHAT LIES AHEAD

1. Jin's coming back next week. (Or so I'm told.) Yay, Daniel Dae Kim! We've missed you.

2. Keep reading below for some thoughts on the love quadrangle (pictured above), courtesy of a chat with Lost chiefs Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse...

How would you describe the Kate/Sawyer/Jack love triangle storyline this season? Is it given much prominence or are you pulling away from that a little bit?

Carlton Cuse: Not at all. I think we're always trying to find the balance between character-based stories and mythology-based stories, and I think it'd be better to categorize it as a quadrangle. Juliet is very much in the middle of that. In fact, Sawyer and Juliet were last seen together on the island, and Kate and Jack were off the island, so that's something which is interesting to us and we will explore. It very much is a quadrangle.

Damon Lindelof: What's cool about the show this year is that we're kind of picking up both stories exactly where we left off. On the island there's been this big flash of light, and Sawyer and Juliet are standing there on the beach having just seen the freighter explode. For those guys, Kate just left on the chopper five minutes ago and for Kate and Jack, they were engaged, they broke up, she went on trial, he got addicted to pills, he grew a horrible beard...

That was a bad beard.

Damon: (Laughs) Yes, but it's gone now so we'll never have to speak of it again. The fact of the matter is, it's all a matter of perspective; if you're watching the Oceanic Six show then the island scenes are flashback, if you're watching the island show then the Oceanic Six scenes are flashforward. But as far as the relationships are concerned, Sawyer and Juliet have kind of just started hanging out, and Kate and Jack have already gone through the ringer. If and when they all come together, there should be some interesting permutations in play.

Posted By: The ODI