Menu

What no LOST talk?

I am getting alot truly except I am confused the scientist Charlotte I think who is she??? What is up eith the nose bleeds? It was good tonight I am really loving the new season

Weren't the nosebleeds what happened to the other guy, on the ship, and Desmond (who is most definitely HOT), once they went through the time warp thing? IOW, maybe she's having the same symptoms they are, without flashing back and forth in time, because they're ALL flashing back and forth in time....

My dd pointed this out. You know the gray haired lady that was at the end of last weeks episode, the one talking to Ben "God help us all" if he didnt get Hurley...you know that lady?

Well, dd pointed out how that lady was in a movie called The Others too. Such a coinky dink. :tongue_smilie:

My dd pointed this out. You know the gray haired lady that was at the end of last weeks episode, the one talking to Ben "God help us all" if he didnt get Hurley...you know that lady?

Well, dd pointed out how that lady was in a movie called The Others too. Such a coinky dink. :tongue_smilie:

OH mY I didn't notice but now that you point it out That is wild. I still wanna find out about the three toed statue thingy!!

Ooo, LOVE it!

I didn't remember the Theresa falls... stuff. How interesting! And I didn't connect the Ellie part, either. AND, I never thought of the bomb as being the power source of the island. LOVE stuff like that! Thanks for posting.

See, I told dh last night, 'OMG that's where the timer and power and stuff come from' and he said (complete with eye roll), 'no it's not.'

I was right! I was right! Hey, write down the date, but a time mark on it, I was right!

I totally missed that Ellie might be Daniel's mother.

I have been wondering if Miles is the baby of the doctor in all the training videos, and if Charlotte wasn't also born on the island too.

And since we know Daniel has been there before (and also, like Richard, doesn't seem to age), what does that say about him?

So nice to have someone to talk to about this! DH won't watch!

I totally missed that Ellie might be Daniel's mother.

I have been wondering if Miles is the baby of the doctor in all the training videos, and if Charlotte wasn't also born on the island too.

And since we know Daniel has been there before (and also, like Richard, doesn't seem to age), what does that say about him?

So nice to have someone to talk to about this! DH won't watch!

I thought Daniel was there during a time warp thingy ???? Like during one of the flashes he is trying to figure out the source. That is what I understood and somewhere online cannot find it now it stated that Charlotte was actually Bens real daughter?? Yet there has been no hint of that so maybe just a joke on some board. But Daniel being Charles Widmore son really explains alot too. I wonder why they were banished from the island HMMMMMMMM I love this show. I know it is sooo out there but you can really see someone has put alot of thought into these characters and the show itself so even knowing it is totally unreal still it's great.

Hi, I have a question about Season 1 Episode 1. When the plane crashes on the island, does the plane crash into the past or are they in the present? I'm thinking that they crashed into the past because this would explain why there were never any search planes. This would also explain John Locke's miracle of being able to walk. If they crashed into the present John Locke would still be wheel chair bound. I told my husband this and he says there are a lot of holes in my thinking. What do you all think?

Blessings

Zoraida

You pay, and I'll go too. Just so you don't have to go alone ;)

Yes, we can call it "research" and then write a LOST homeschool curriculum. Geography, physics, survival skills, and interpersonal relationships all rolled into one. Of course there will be Latin, Others 101;)

Hi, I have a question about Season 1 Episode 1. When the plane crashes on the island, does the plane crash into the past or are they in the present? I'm thinking that they crashed into the past because this would explain why there were never any search planes. This would also explain John Locke's miracle of being able to walk. If they crashed into the present John Locke would still be wheel chair bound. I told my husband this and he says there are a lot of holes in my thinking. What do you all think?

Blessings

Zoraida

As far as I know the plane crashed into the present day, Sept 2004. The island can not be seen because of a force around it. that's what I recall. the island also has some healing properties because it has cured a few others, not the others, but people that were on the plane.

That link was an interesting read! We thought that Mrs. Hawking might be Faraday's mom, but I didn't connect that with Ellie.

About Charlottes nosebleeds, we were thinking that maybe she's getting them because she is on the island with herself as a child (and she said she hadn't gotten nosebleeds since she was a child).

That link was an interesting read! We thought that Mrs. Hawking might be Faraday's mom, but I didn't connect that with Ellie.

About Charlottes nosebleeds, we were thinking that maybe she's getting them because she is on the island with herself as a child (and she said she hadn't gotten nosebleeds since she was a child).

Maybe it has to do with all the stuff going on on the island during that time period? Something that is effecting her physically that she has not been in contact with since?

Blessings

Zoraida

Good question! It would also explain how they managed to 'fake' the crash into the ocean. If they could've taken the plane and planted it... They would've been in the past, so they'd have had plenty of time to do so.

I don't think it would've effected Locke's legs though. Everyone seems the same, regardless of the time warping. Or did I miss something?

Maybe it has to do with all the stuff going on on the island during that time period? Something that is effecting her physically that she has not been in contact with since?

I was thinking it was just the fact that future Charlotte is in the vicinity of past Charlotte. I don't think that has happened yet on the show, has it? (someone being near their past self)

I was thinking, before, that it was the same thing Desmond and that other guy went through, because of the time jumping. Now, there's questions on whether or not it is the same illness the original scientists died from... Are there any other 'others' there that would be near their younger selves?

I was thinking it was just the fact that future Charlotte is in the vicinity of past Charlotte. I don't think that has happened yet on the show, has it? (someone being near their past self)

I just had a thought. Did Faraday say that he was "in love" with Charlotte, or that he "loved her with all his heart"? Could he possibly be her father?

Lori

There is so much of this show I just can't remember and/or understand. It's hopeless without rewatching the past seasons on dvd or doing research.

Did they explain through this time travel angle:

1. dead people up in the trees?

2. smoke?

3. voices?

Also - the Dharma Initiative, Ben, Charles Widmore, and the Others just completely confuse me. I can't keep it straight. Is there a link for a Lost refresher course :).

Edited by LNC

I just had a thought. Did Faraday say that he was "in love" with Charlotte, or that he "loved her with all his heart"? Could he possibly be her father?

Lori

Ooooo. That's a really good question!! Remember when Ellie said something along the lines of, 'I don't believe you love Charlotte, because what about the woman you left (wait...how did she know about that?). Aren't you some kind of Romeo?' and he said, 'Not really...'

Maybe it's "not really" because it's a father's love.

Was anyone else put off by the cliff notes during the first hour last night?

They only do that on the re-runs. I, too, find it helpful as a sort of explanation/interpretation/clarity. That way, I don't have to second guess the meaning of what just happened.

I asked something to this effect on the LOST social group. In the first episode of this season when they first started jumping around, they went back to a time when Juliet was there with the others meaning she was in the same place in two different times.

I didn't see that happening with Charlotte and I can't imagine that that was happening with her independently of Daniel and Miles. I think that she is just suffering from the time displacement problem. I remember that Daniel said only some people experienced it.

He came and said he wanted to ask him some questions to see if he was special. Then he showed him 3-5 things (I don't remember exactly) and either said, "Can you tell me which one of these is MINE (or YOURS)? Which one was it? And then John picked the knife and Richard said no, John you are not the one we are looking for. Wasn't one of the items the compass that John gave back to Richard last night? :confused:

Also I thought it was interesting that even though Richard is OLD, he doesn't know everything. When he met John last night it was obvious that Richard didn't know John. It was previous to him meeting John the first time, so there has to be a beginning of the timeline. I am asling myself if it will be an endless loop though because everything they are doing now leads to the current situation? :confused:

I have more questions. Don't we all!

Is Claire really dead? Haven't we seen the body (or been sure of their death) of all of the dead people that have reappeared on the island (or elsewhere)? We never saw Claire dead. She just disappeared. I assumed she was dead when she showed up with Christian but now I am not so sure. Also not sure if people who die on the island are really dead. Or if dead people who are brought back to the island (Christian? Mabye John?) stay dead. If not then will all of the people be back? Charlie? Shannon? Boone? We are already pretty sure John is either not really dead or not staying dead.

I don't think Jin is dead either. I think he either jumped ship or was thrown from it and was inside the envelope of the island when it moved and he is floating on a piece of the ship in the water around the island and is jumping time with everyone else and will eventually land back on the island and be reunited with our group in whatever time they are in. Just like the Zodiac traveled with them. This leads to another idea. If Jin is not dead, maybe Ben knows and this is how he will lure Sun back into the group to go back to the island. She is definitely against him right now and would never agree to go otherwise.

Someone on the LOST social group mentioned that perhaps Ben arranged the "police" outside of Hurley's house and that is how they get him back. He may have also arranged the lawyers who come looking for Kate and Aaron so this would encourage her to run back to the island and Jack has Sayid so that would bring them all back together for their return.

Now the only questions I have left are whose side is everyone going to fall on? What about the island itself? It looks like there are shaping up to be two sides: Ben and Charles. It looks like our the Oceanic 6 are going to be with Ben. John is on Ben's side. Sawyer will fall with Kate and Juliet probably with that group but not guaranteed if she thinks Charles will offer her a way off the island. Daniel probably with Charles as I think Charles is his father and the blond girl his mother. It seems like they were original others and therefore probably have stronger claim to the island than Ben and his group. It looks like Ms. Hawkins (probably blond girl) may be his mother. If so she is working with Ben against Charles. Not sure where Richard will fall as he appears to be working with John.

Desmond is complicated and I will have to come back to that later as life is calling.

I don't think Ben arranged the police. He was busy discussing with Eloise Hawking about "what if" he can't get Hurley.

Good point. Makes me wonder how they will get Hurley. Also remember that Anna told him not to get arrested. So what angle is she working? Against the island/Ben? ALso does anyone remember what Charlie told him at the asylum?

OK, I have to ask this because I just don't have time to go back and watch the episode right now...

We missed the first 15 minutes, so we didn't get to see Penny have the baby. Did they definitely name the baby Charlie IN HONOR OF Charlie? DH seems to think that Desmond's son Charlie could be Charlie himself--that it's possible that though it seems to us that Desmond must be in the current time, he's really existing at some point in the past and has just fathered the Charlie we know.

Is that at all feasible? I was trying to think back along the episode to all the details of the Desmond scenes, and from what I remember, I didn't see anything that definitely placed him in current time, as opposed to, say, the very early 1980s. In fact, I think the clothes and hairstyles were carefully orchestrated to be very generic in terms of time period. The woman in the Oxford office did have a desktop computer, but that would have possible as early as 1980 or so.

What do you think?

Edited by melissel