Menu

My gas was turned off today.........

After some, um, heated conversations, it turns out that my gas payments had been going to my xh's name, for an account at this address.

When he fairly recently moved into his rental house (while still unemployed, btw), it came up that he was still on this gas account; one I had been paying ontime for 3 years. Instead of dumping him from this location, the company bifurcated the accounts to this house, making one for me and one for him. They kept his name attached to the original account number and I never knew that my new account (same home) was a new number; I thought he was just "off the account". His was the account attached to the online bill pay I used. So....the service here was billed to me, and I was paying on a ghost account. Regularly and on time.

They turned off my gas for non payment.

$512 since October had been credited to "him". I should make it clear, though, that he probably didn't know and has no fault in this.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm sorry this happened to you. From what I know of you on the boards, I do not doubt that you will fight this with assertiveness and finesse, but of course it's a huge pain to have to fight at all. It's a bummer that somehow late notices didn't cross your path to give you a little more warning about the mixup.

I suspect that before it's all over, they'll be really sorry they messed with *you.*:lol: