Menu

What book about homeschooling do you recommend?

I really like Debra Bell's The Ultimate Book of Homeschooling (I think that's what it's called). It provides a pretty balanced look at various forms of homeschooling and has tons of information that someone new to homeschooling needs.

I've found that too many "intro" books actually have a really big bias towards the method the author is most comfortable with. I like Bell's book because there really isn't a huge bias.

I also like Linda Dobson's stuff for the same reason. Her book, The First Year of Homeschooling Your child (or something like that) is fantastic.

And, my personal favourite (along with TWTM) is Educating the Whole-Hearted Child.

Sarah

For someone considering homeschooling, what is the book you recommend that describes different ways of homeschooling? For the life of me I can not remember the name of the book I read first. TWTM was my second.

The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling by Debra Bell

My first and favourite one is: 'So you're thinking about homeschooling' from Lisa Wechsel.

It describes several families en their different homeschooling styles, very informative, but written like a novel. And it has some pages with 'what to do next' (names of publishers, links, books etc.) at the end.

Esther (B)

My first and favourite one is: 'So you're thinking about homeschooling' from Lisa Wechsel.

It describes several families en their different homeschooling styles, very informative, but written like a novel. And it has some pages with 'what to do next' (names of publishers, links, books etc.) at the end.

Esther (B)

I was trying to think of that title. That's a pretty good one for an idea of what homeschooling can actually *look* like, rather than simply the *how to* of it.