Menu

Lvbnhome -- Muffin Recipes

I have never thought of a muffin as an elegant food by any stretch of the imagination; they're more of a homey, comfort food to me. These muffins, though, come as close as any I could imagine. They were easy to make, too. They'd be great for a potluck. They're very honey-y w/o being too sweet and the grapes are unexpected (at least by me!)

Fresh Grape Walnut Muffins

from Horn of the Moon Cookbook

2 c. ww pastry flour

1 c. unbleached white flour (I used all purpose)

1 tbs baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

2 eggs

3/4 c. honey

1 1/4 c. milk (I used soy)

1/2 c. sunflower oil (i used applesauce)

3/4 c. chopped walnuts (i used a cup)

1 1/2 c. fresh green seedless grapes, halved (I used a generous cup and a half)

Preheat to 375. Mix dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Beat eggs in another medium-sized bowl; add rest of liquid ingredients. Stir dry ingredients into wet. Don't overstir. Add nuts and grapes. Pour approximately 1/2 c. mix per muffin into oiled tin. Bake 20 minutes until golden brown.

Warning:The first time I made these I didn't pay attention to that 1/2 c. per muffin part and just filled my regular muffin tin as I normally do. I had a LOT more mix than cups in my muffin pan. I used the rest in a cast iron thing I have that had much larger cups. The ones in the muffin pan burned to a crisp and the ones in the larger cups were perfect. I think these are supposed to be large, coffee shop size muffins. If you don't have a muffin tin with large cups just make them the regular size but reduce the cooking time. These muffins are really, really, worth making!!!

Pumpkin Muffins

I used this recipe but I made quite a few modifications.http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=22009.0

I used/substituted

1/2 ww pastry and 1/2 all purpose for the flour. Next time I'll use all ww flour.

I used a big, heaping tsp of cinnamon and none of the other spices. I think you could use pumpkin pie spice instead.

I didn't use dates but used about a 1/2 bag of chocolate chips.

Out of walnuts. I would have used them, though.

I used a chicken egg

I used one banana and didn't measure how much it was.

They were P.e.r.f.e.c.t!! MMMDelicious.

Good luck! I hope you have a lovely time making muffins!

:drool5:

I have never thought of a muffin as an elegant food by any stretch of the imagination; they're more of a homey, comfort food to me. These muffins, though, come as close as any I could imagine. They were easy to make, too. They'd be great for a potluck. They're very honey-y w/o being too sweet and the grapes are unexpected (at least by me!)

Fresh Grape Walnut Muffins

from Horn of the Moon Cookbook

2 c. ww pastry flour

1 c. unbleached white flour (I used all purpose)

1 tbs baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

2 eggs

3/4 c. honey

1 1/4 c. milk (I used soy)

1/2 c. sunflower oil (i used applesauce)

3/4 c. chopped walnuts (i used a cup)

1 1/2 c. fresh green seedless grapes, halved (I used a generous cup and a half)

Preheat to 375. Mix dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Beat eggs in another medium-sized bowl; add rest of liquid ingredients. Stir dry ingredients into wet. Don't overstir. Add nuts and grapes. Pour approximately 1/2 c. mix per muffin into oiled tin. Bake 20 minutes until golden brown.

Warning:The first time I made these I didn't pay attention to that 1/2 c. per muffin part and just filled my regular muffin tin as I normally do. I had a LOT more mix than cups in my muffin pan. I used the rest in a cast iron thing I have that had much larger cups. The ones in the muffin pan burned to a crisp and the ones in the larger cups were perfect. I think these are supposed to be large, coffee shop size muffins. If you don't have a muffin tin with large cups just make them the regular size but reduce the cooking time. These muffins are really, really, worth making!!!

Pumpkin Muffins

I used this recipe but I made quite a few modifications.http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=22009.0

I used/substituted

1/2 ww pastry and 1/2 all purpose for the flour. Next time I'll use all ww flour.

I used a big, heaping tsp of cinnamon and none of the other spices. I think you could use pumpkin pie spice instead.

I didn't use dates but used about a 1/2 bag of chocolate chips.

Out of walnuts. I would have used them, though.

I used a chicken egg

I used one banana and didn't measure how much it was.

They were P.e.r.f.e.c.t!! MMMDelicious.

Good luck! I hope you have a lovely time making muffins!