Menu

Best version of Robin Hood?

Aubrey

Hey Aubrey,

Usborne has a nice version of Robin Hood that my two like.

http://www.ubah.com/ecommerce/details.asp?sid=NEW&gid=44668435&title=Tales+of+Robin+Hood&sqlwhere=submit%3Dsearch%26search%3Drobin%2Bhood

I hope that takes you there. It's "Tales of Robin Hood" by Clayborne.

We have the Pyle version on audiobook but we haven't tried it out yet.

We also have a great recording of King Arthur read by Sean Bean produced by Naxos Audio.

My kids EAT this sort of stuff up. ;)

Jami

That looks wonderful, Eliana!

I'm going to have to look around for it. My children just adore all things Aurthurian. One afternoon they were pretending to be Arthur (ds 6.5), Gwenivere (dd 5.5) and "A Kitty Bishop who officiates the marriage between A and G) (dd 3.5). Don't ask about the Kitty Bishop, I have no idea where it came from. LOL. My littlest one is just usually the sidekick pet in their play.

Jami

My ds LOVED Howard Pyle's. I read it aloud to him about this time last year, so he was 8. The vocab is a bit of a stretch, but the book we had (ill. by Don Irwin) had helpful illustrations and definitions in the margins. If I remember right there was little or no mention of Maid Marion - so this is "all boy" stuff. We loved it.