Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beansprouts

S/O another coffee thread

I really like good coffee. I find that my favorite varieties are the ones with a roasted flavor, like an Italian Roast or 100% Colombian. I don't like flavors unless they are high quality and not fake tasting, and I can't even stand the smell of hazelnut. What other types of coffee would you suggest I try? Where are your favorite places to order or purchase coffee? What is your preferred method for brewing coffee?

Thanks!

When we lived in the US our favorites were a TJ brand (I only remember the can was black and red) and Kirkland's Starbucks. Here in Mexico we actually pick the bean, then the roaster. :)

I prefer Coatepec beans; Jamie Chiapas. I like my old Italian guy to do what he calls a "Cuban" roast; Jamie likes his "Italian" roast. Beans stay whole until it is time to use them. Then ground and used.

Dh drinks only Starbucks Sumatra which is one of their bold flavors. He grinds it fresh each time he makes it. For best coffee flavor, use a french press. With a french press, you don't use a filter so all the oil from the coffee bean is in your cup. The oil is what gives you a good flavor.

Melinda