Menu

S/O How many children do you have?

How many dc do you have?  

1. 1. How many dc do you have?

• 8 or more
    • Obligatory Other (what would that be I don't know...)

This poll surprises me. I was under the impression most of the people here had 5 or more children.

It makes me feel better. We wanted more kids and couldn't. Sometimes I think it would be easier to Homeschool if we had the 4 or 5 kids we planned on (feel free to laugh at me mom's with more than 2 kids). Then, I could HS one while the others play/work together. My house would be harmonious!!!:lol: Plus, I'm an oddity in HS circles. It was such a relief when my youngest turned 3 and people quit asking me, "SOOOO, when are you guys going to get busy on the next one?"

Anyway, I'm so grateful for the kids I do have, but it's nice to see that we are a "normal" homeschooling family.

Dorinda

It makes me feel better. We wanted more kids and couldn't. Sometimes I think it would be easier to Homeschool if we had the 4 or 5 kids we planned on (feel free to laugh at me mom's with more than 2 kids). Then, I could HS one while the others play/work together. My house would be harmonious!!!:lol: Plus, I'm an oddity in HS circles. It was such a relief when my youngest turned 3 and people quit asking me, "SOOOO, when are you guys going to get busy on the next one?"

Anyway, I'm so grateful for the kids I do have, but it's nice to see that we are a "normal" homeschooling family.

Dorinda

:grouphug: I bet there are times that you're right & more would be easier. Of course, I bet there are times that that's not true, too!

Have you thought about keeping a couple of kids to fill that gap? Playmates for whoever's not schooling? On the bright side, if it doesn't work out, you get to send them home.

And...if it helps any...the drs told us that we probably couldn't have any more, either. I happened to be pg w/ #3 at the time, so they figured that the problem was a new development. Despite bc, we were pg w/ #4 *immediately* after #3 was born. I'll hope for a miracle for you. :grouphug:

:grouphug: I bet there are times that you're right & more would be easier. Of course, I bet there are times that that's not true, too!

Have you thought about keeping a couple of kids to fill that gap? Playmates for whoever's not schooling? On the bright side, if it doesn't work out, you get to send them home.

And...if it helps any...the drs told us that we probably couldn't have any more, either. I happened to be pg w/ #3 at the time, so they figured that the problem was a new development. Despite bc, we were pg w/ #4 *immediately* after #3 was born. I'll hope for a miracle for you. :grouphug:

Thanks Aubrey. We talk about adoption so that always hangs out in the back of our minds. I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago so that is our only option. I think that's when I realized how blessed we actually were and found peace with our situation (I had a tumor inside the uterus). But, you know, I think the idea about keeping kids is an interesting one. My oldest would LOVE it, but a lot of her friends are already heading to school. I thought this wouldn't be a problem until High School! Don't get me wrong, she loves Homeschooling and isn't at all interested in going to PS. She just wishes there were more kids her age living in our neighborhood. On the flip side, I'm grateful I don't have to potty train anymore!!!:D

BTW, I love it when people prove Dr's wrong. Keep up the good work!:lol:

Blessings,

Dorinda

Thanks Aubrey. We talk about adoption so that always hangs out in the back of our minds. I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago so that is our only option. I think that's when I realized how blessed we actually were and found peace with our situation (I had a tumor inside the uterus). But, you know, I think the idea about keeping kids is an interesting one. My oldest would LOVE it, but a lot of her friends are already heading to school. I thought this wouldn't be a problem until High School! Don't get me wrong, she loves Homeschooling and isn't at all interested in going to PS. She just wishes there were more kids her age living in our neighborhood. On the flip side, I'm grateful I don't have to potty train anymore!!!:D

BTW, I love it when people prove Dr's wrong. Keep up the good work!:lol:

Blessings,

Dorinda

I would have had more if I had started earlier, and hadn't had fertility issues. We had finally accepted the one, and then #2 came as a late surprise.

I'm glad they have each other. (and us, of course)

Four. B10, G6, G5, B1.5

Hoping for more later down the road, but we're not sure how we'll go about it. After being able to procreate by merely *thinking* about babies (that's how it seemed), now I face a lower chance of conceiving AND a higher chance of ectopic pregnancy. Not sure I want to roll those dice.

We have 5. The last one was the biggest surprise, as I'd gotten rid of most of my maternity and baby stuff. They are all girls.

My husband would say, "Cool! You should start a rock band!" I'm not sure why:001_rolleyes:but that's what he always said he'd do if we had a bunch of girls.:lol:

We talk about adoption so that always hangs out in the back of our minds. I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago so that is our only option.

You know...I think adoption *is* a kind of miracle. Maybe the biggest kind, since we get to have a hand in it. So I'll go on hoping for you.

A homegrown boy, age 10 and two heartgrown littles, age 2 (18 days apart - placed at infancy and adopted through the foster care system) a boy and a girl. I want one more and hubby says fine.....with my next husband!! :lol: We will see if he changes his mind in time but if not, I guess we will continue to foster and see what God has in store for us.

We have 2 boys and 2 girls. We had to buy all the babystuff all over again because we thought we were done after #3. (The twins and #3 are 21 months apart).

After a baby break, we had a change of heart and had one more, but now I am really done! So thankful for our sweet #4.....and of course #1, #2, and #3 (who was a big surprise!) :D

We have 2 boys and 2 girls. We had to buy all the babystuff all over again because we thought we were done after #3. (The twins and #3 are 21 months apart).

After a baby break, we had a change of heart and had one more, but now I am really done! So thankful for our sweet #4.....and of course #1, #2, and #3 (who was a big surprise!) :D

The "stuff" dilemma always gets me. #3 was a big surprise, but we hadn't yet done anything with #2's stuff, since she was only 4 months old when I got pregnant. After #3, we got rid of EVERYTHING. 4 years later, I was surprised with #4.

We held on to #4's "stuff", to avoid tempting fate, lol. Then I found out my sister was (is) having a baby, and starting mailing her all of our "stuff". Within weeks, I found out I was pregnant!

Since #5 turned out to be ectopic, I'm glad the "stuff" wasn't around. But now that that baby itch has been triggered... Well, my sister can always return our "stuff" when she's done with it!