Menu

S/O How many children do you have?

How many dc do you have?  

1. 1. How many dc do you have?

• 8 or more
    • Obligatory Other (what would that be I don't know...)

Vettech -- Are you wanting the number to go up or down? :lol:

I have three, and am sincerely hoping we're done. We were done after two, but the universe had other plans for us. This time, I'm really hoping the universe doesn't need to supply us with any more surprises. I'm really pleased with my three, though! (I have a recently-6, and almost-3, and a 6 weeks.)

Nealy

Only one, and that one squeaked under the wire, hormonally speaking. I might have started younger, but it took all those years to find someone who wanted a baby with me.

My mother, who had 6 battling children, often in a tiny house (imagine 4 boys with an 11 year spread in one bedroom and the daughter sleeping on the couch), used to tell me I'd be smart if I "had one child and 20 years later had a second one". When I finally did reproduce I told her that's what I did, only I skipped the first one.

I resisted the urge to mark "other" as we have goats...two kids and hope for more later this year :tongue_smilie:

of the human variety, we claim,

DD 26 plus SIL & DGD, 2 & Baby due in 2 weeks

DS 24 plus DIL & DGS, 2 & DGD 7 mos.

DS 22 plus DIL

DS 20

DD 14

DS 13 this week!

DD 10

DD 8

DS 5

This is purely for the heck of it! Include at home/not at home, in school/hsed whatever. Just how many do you have and if you want to post about if that number will change or not that's fine too!

We have one. Planned to have only one. Won't ever be another one. :D

I resisted the urge to mark "other" as we have goats...two kids and hope for more later this year :tongue_smilie:

of the human variety, we claim,

DD 26 plus SIL & DGD, 2 & Baby due in 2 weeks

DS 24 plus DIL & DGS, 2 & DGD 7 mos.

DS 22 plus DIL

DS 20

DD 14

DS 13 this week!

DD 10

DD 8

DS 5

If we're including fur/feather children then I'll have to go and count because I can't remember them all! :tongue_smilie:

We have 3. I homeschooled the first 2 and I am still homeschooling our youngest daughter.

Jared - age 20

Carrie - age 22

Lisa - age 13

We also have a 13 month old granddaughter - Hailey. Her Mom plans to homeschool her.

There will not be anymore children added to our family , except for grandchildren.

Edited by Miss Sherry

Right now we have four. We are looking into foster-adoption and oversees adoption right now, though. Saving those pennies! When we bought our Suburban a few years ago, the kids all said, "Yeah! There are two more seats! We can have two more kids!" :001_smile:

Three (15G, 11G, and 9B) and there won't be anymore.

I'm a little sad that my baby turned 9 earlier this month, but I don't really want more. I just wish the ones I have wouldn't grow up so fast.:sad:

Edited by akmommy
to fix a run-on

And I need a cookie for resisting the urge to check the obligatory other.

First, I think you should have a cookie for having 5 boys. :D

I guess I didn't earn a cookie b/c I did click other. Tonight has me thinking of my little ones I've never met. Too many people giving birth this week I imagine. So, if I was going to be technical(I can never spell that word) I would say 11. 7 of which are already with our Lord and Savior, and 4 that boy oh boy some days . . .:lol:

We have 3. DS 9.5, DD 7, and DS 3.5

This is all she wrote folks. DH had the big V about 1.5 years ago and although I had a slight change of heart right after it was short lived and I'm ok with it. I think it just sort of really hit me that we were truly done. We had always said 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl would be great. We thought we'd like the boys first but we're glad it happened the way it did. Everyone kept asking with our 3rd, "Why would you want more you already have a boy and a girl" Well we can honestly say that none of our kids were conceived "trying to have that (insert the sex you don't have here)" It wasn't a matter of having at least one of each sex for us. I have realized since we decided to stop at 3 that we were right, and it's the perfect family size for us. It can be hard at times because it seems the world is made for families of 4, but we wouldn't change a thing.

I hope all goes smoothly for you on Monday, Rosie.

All these numbers don't tell the real stories of our families. I've known some lovely couples that have been unable to have a single child, couples with multiple losses (ourselves included), and happy families of all sizes and boy/girl configurations. When dh and I were engaged we talked naively of family size and what we "wanted." Dh had the big V after our fourth child was born (despite my tears) and then had it reversed.

All these little ones entrusted to us are miracles and such a huge blessing, each one to be treasured.