Menu

What bakewear do you love?

My 25-year-old bakeware needs to be replaced!

There are so many choices now that I can't decide what type to buy--stone, silicone, metal?

What do you use and love?

I need a deep baking pan, a cake pan, muffin pan and shallow baking pan. I have stone bread pan and pie pan, but it seems like that would be too heavy for bigger things. Plus, I can't figure out how to wash them.

Is silicone too flimsy?

I'm tired of getting rusty pans! Help!

I have a stoneware bundt pan and mini loaf pan and I LOVE them. Yes, they're a little heavy but the results are worth it.

If you're interested in any of the Pampered Chef stoneware, I sell it, so let me know. I've never used silicone, but I do have some heavy-duty aluminum pans that have held up well. I got them at Sam's Club and I think GFS sells them, too.

I love stoneware and have had most of my ovenware as stoneware for a long while. I had a 9 X 13 pan and a muffin pan that were stoneware until my children dropped them on the tile. Now, I am trying to justify an enamel 9 X 13 baker with a lid to replace the pan. I purchased silicone to replace the muffin tins. You need a cookie sheet to go under the silicone most of the time.

I have a stoneware bread pan and a silicone one. Both work well.

Dh brought me home a set of silicone baking "pans" from Costco a couple or three years ago. They were inexpensive, lightweight, dishwasher safe, and the kids haven't broken a single one :tongue_smilie:. Our kitchen is tiny and they take up less space, too. They make my dd a little nervous taking them out of the oven because they are not stiff like a metal or glass pan, but you can slide a cookie sheet under them to remove them if this bothers you. I had a fatigued pyrex baking pan explode in the oven and heard similar scary tales from friends, so I was ready to try something new. I don't care for the teflon lined stuff.

I LOVE pampered chef stoneware. I use it for everything including bread. To wash it you just scrape it off with the plastic scraper and then wash in warm water, no soap! It also has a guarantee and will be replaced if it breaks. Just don't let dh drop anything on it like mine did and shattered my pizza stone! LOL.