Menu

Best way to identify new *threads*

Pls share the best way you've found to identify the threads that have been added since you last checked the boards. With this format, best I can tell, the threads with the newest posts take frontline. How can I most readily identify the new threads from the last time I was on the boards?:confused: As always, TIA!

When you first get to the general board, scroll to the bottom of the page to find "display options". Choose "thread start time" and click the "show threads" button. I think that will make the threads stay in order according to original post time. You have to select that every time you visit the board.

I just read this advice on another thread! Still learning...

When you first get to the general board, scroll to the bottom of the page to find "display options". Choose "thread start time" and click the "show threads" button. I think that will make the threads stay in order according to original post time. You have to select that every time you visit the board.

I think you and Denise in IN may be right - that seems to be the ticket. I find it a little time consuming but.....

Hmmm-right now it looks like it's working for me....the thing is you have to do this everytime you go back to the forum page.:(

To make it easier, you can open up the forum you want to read in a new tab, then refresh occasionally to keep it current.

When you open up threads, either open up in a new tab or click on the back button after you've read them to back to the forum. This will keep you in the same display mode.

I go to quick links and hit todays post. It has all the boards current posts on it.... so you do have to weed through, but they are the most recent and busy threads...

That is what I have been doing and it works ok... or I stay on the board I want, say K-8 and hit refresh... but I do miss the ease of the older board for this reason... :( I cant just hit find on page and find it anymore...

Lisa

I *think* this will do what you're looking for, but I'm not completely sure. Down at the bottom there is a "Display Options" box. In the "Sorted by" drop down meny, choose "Thread start times", then click "show threads".

You have to do this every time you go into a new forum.

This is how I deal with it, too.

I just wish I could set that as the default display instead of always having to go and change it.

This is how I deal with it, too.

I just wish I could set that as the default display instead of always having to go and change it.

Yes, since the ladies suggestion to do this earlier in the day, I have found that is is meeting my needs perfectly (in finding new threads). But, like you, I wish we could set it to default to this!:)

That's what I do when I come online. The forum keeps track of when you were last online and wll give you any new posts since that time. The only drawback is that it will give you *all* new post for *all* forums....but I find it easy to scroll through. You can also "hover" over the title post and get the first few lines to see if it's a thread you want to open up.

Editing to add: the "new post" function works best if you click "mark all forums read" button located under the Quick Link button.

HTH,

Trishe

To make it easier, you can open up the forum you want to read in a new tab...QUOTE]

Denise, can you please educate me by explaining how I open up in a new tab?:o

Many thanks! Sharon

Opening up a new tab is a browser function rather than a board function. I am using Windows and Internet Explorer. I don't know how other browsers function.

To open up a new tab, right click on the link. You'll get a drop down box with multiple options. Click "Open in New Tab". The page will open up in the same window, but will have a "tab" at the top that you click on the navigate the different pages you have open. It's a great way to have multiple pages open - much easier to navigate than opening up new windows.

Hope that helps!