Menu

Anybody here have the new Blackberry Storm from Verizon? Tell me all about it! ;)

My boys just got the LG Dare and the LG Voyager. I got the Voyager as well, after looking at ds's. It has a keyboard! Both boys said that the Blackberry isn't all it's cracked up to be. DS says look up reviews. They also said something about having to pay extra for internet...no choice there.

Ria

My boys just got the LG Dare and the LG Voyager. I got the Voyager as well, after looking at ds's. It has a keyboard! Both boys said that the Blackberry isn't all it's cracked up to be. DS says look up reviews. They also said something about having to pay extra for internet...no choice there.

Ria

Yup - you HAVE to have a Blackberry Service plan with them, which is an additional $50-75 a month on top of the regular plan amount. I haven't priced the plans recently.

If you can, i'd stick with one of the other phones that do more but don't require the plans the Blackberry or Treo's and other "smartphones" require. Although technically i don't HAVE to have a Data plan on my Treo, but i haven't tried to convince my mom to cancel it again recently (we are on family share - i don't pay for the data since i told her she could cancel it).

Yup - you HAVE to have a Blackberry Service plan with them, which is an additional $50-75 a month on top of the regular plan amount. I haven't priced the plans recently.

Yep, this really *irks* me!

I carry a pda, a cell phone, and sometimes an mp3 player.

I saw the Omnia phone at Verizon and thought it might be good to condense all of my gadgets. I don't often use my pda for Internet, although I like to have that capability of hopping on the Internet at Starbucks or other hot spots.

The required plan from Verizon blew that idea out of the water. Amazing to me that they won't even sell/activate the phone to use without the email/internet features unless you go for the expensive plan. It's the first time I've been dissatisfied with Verizon.

Anyone know if all of the cell service providers have this same requirement?

(Did I mention how annoyed I suddenly am with Verizon?!)