Menu

What do you use for Latin?

siloam

What are you using for Latin?  

1. 1. What are you using for Latin?

• Lively Latin
    • Henle Latin
    • Latin for Children (Please post levels)
    • Latin Prep
    • Minimus (either level)
    • Latin Road to English Grammar
    • Latin Christiana
    • Prima Latin
    • No Latin
    • Other

Latina Christiana I and II. When we finish (summer?) we will move into Henle. I went back and forth between Wheelocks and Henle, but DH reviewed both and firmly decided on Henle. So, there you go!

I'm still debating on when to start dd6. I think I'll wait until dd4 is old enough and teach them together like I am doing the olders. It has worked well and is waaay easier then trying lots of levels at the same time. Hey, I'm new to this Latin thing, too!

We love both of them. The 3rd grader is in LNST level 2, the 5th grader is using level 3 and just started Getting Started and the 9th grader and I are farther along in Getting started. I think that the 9th grader and I will move on to Latin Prep.

I also have Minimus, LfC, Lively Latin, Latin Prep, Ecce Romani, Cambridge, Oxford and Wheelocks which I have to work through and review for my book. I have had a chance to briefly look through most of them and I like all of them so far. I guess will see how it goes in actually using them.