Menu

Homeschooling Presentation to Community Group?

If you have done a presentation to a local community organization on homeschooling, or know what you would say if you did on, would you be willing to share? I will have about two hours. :001_huh: I want to list pros and cons, I will use the research on why people homeschool and homeschool demographics and success rates (and explain the limitations of the research,) talk about local opportunities for homeschoolers....

These are not people who will ever probably homeschool, but they are community leaders who it would be helpful to have understand it. :)

TIA

I think I would lean heavily on the pros. Then when you get to the cons, use it as a way to ask for help, since these are community leaders. Like talking about how they can't do the same sports as ps kids, so could you help with building a bridge so that the hs kids could participate if they wanted? Look at your cons and see how they could be improved and ask for help there.

But mainly just focus on the how's and why's so they understand what is involved. I think many outside the hs community don't fully understand what is involved, even if they are hs friendly.

HTH. Good luck!