Menu

Our first day of RR

Whew! I did it. I definitely pscyched myself out over it. It really was painless. What I didn't take into account is that every thing in chapter three is review. Just a new format that he loves. Now my question is can we kind of speed through this chapter. He is disappointed we stopped but I had already done what I had planned to do for today and tomorrow with him. I had planned small chunks to get started. I began to panic I wasn't doing it right.:eek: So so far so good. I need to get on stick and order the support for advanced code so I can read it before we get there. I always worry about shipping time and don't want to make things drag if he is getting it. I do plan to slow down more in chapter 4.

Oh and my non-writer even enjoyed the writing part using the notebook paper (we had never tried that before) and wrote until he got tired.

Anyway just thought I would share our first day.

Hi, I just checked the ReadAmerica site and they have split the old Parent Support Book into at least 3 parts. One part covers the vowel sound spellings and a second part covers mostly consonant sound spellings. The multisyllable part has been put in yet another workbook. All of these "subjects" used to be in one large workbook, but maybe they've put additional material in each of the new workbooks. I haven't seen them.

Hope this helps.

Rod Everson