Menu

Help me find a hairstyle for my young Curly Miss

zoo07094-1.jpg

Her hair is always in her face. She has said for years that she wants to grow it long, but if I show her something that is short and very cute she just might be convinced. I really would like to give her a hairstyle, but I an so clueless about these things. Please share ideas, links and pictures if you have them.

Awww...well, first of all please tell your daughter that she has beautiful curls! It is REALLY hard to grow out curly hair so, as much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't cut it if I were you. Have you tried using bobby pins or snappy barettes to pull back the sides? That is what I do with mine most of the time. It's a very pretty, girl look.

I don't think it is happening. One style I had in mind is what I think is called a graduated bob. I found some pictures and showed them to her, and she yelled at me, "You're trying to make me cut my hair!" :lol:

So, I told her that it was her hair and she could do what she wants with it, but I do think the style would look very cute on her. Most likely we will just be trimming her bangs as usual. :tongue_smilie:

I don't think it is happening. One style I had in mind is what I think is called a graduated bob. I found some pictures and showed them to her, and she yelled at me, "You're trying to make me cut my hair!" :lol:

So, I told her that it was her hair and she could do what she wants with it, but I do think the style would look very cute on her. Most likely we will just be trimming her bangs as usual. :tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol::lol:

My daughter just came to me and asked to have her hair cut. It's almost down to her bottom. It's so pretty, but I can't say I blame her. It is super thick and it tangles easily. I think she's going to donate it to Locks of Love, which makes me feel better (I know, It's not my hair).

post-596-13535082775051_thumb.jpg

post-596-13535082775051_thumb.jpg

Beans, she has a style, it's curly. :tongue_smilie::grouphug: Seriously it's so frustrating at the that age because curly hair doesn't want to style, it wants to curl. I think it is adorable as is. My hair was short as a child and I tried to make the curls go away (think feathering failure!). then I ended up with it short and that was just too much. I felt like a cotton swab.

Perhaps you cut a little off the bangs, but I wouldn't do much, they'll spring up.

I find curly hair is easier to manage when it's long. I put a headband on when it is air drying to give a little lift. You might try that.

I know that this is not the answer you want but how about growing the bangs out. They will be in her face a while longer but eventually she will be able to tuck them behind her ears or pull them back. I was just looking at pictures of my girls growing their bangs out. It was a bit painful for me to see the hair in the face for so long but now they feel like they actually can do something with their hair.

I know that this is not the answer you want but how about growing the bangs out. They will be in her face a while longer but eventually she will be able to tuck them behind her ears or pull them back. I was just looking at pictures of my girls growing their bangs out. It was a bit painful for me to see the hair in the face for so long but now they feel like they actually can do something with their hair.

:iagree:

Let her grow her bangs out. Then, put it in clips, barrettes, head bands, little pony tails or braids. There are so many ways to style long bangs. If it is short you only have one style.

Her hair is SO beautiful. I think cutting it would look bad.

Actually, can I just have her hair, please.....:D

It's much easier when they can tuck it behind their ears.

My DD got her long, curly hair cut for Locks of Love just over a year ago. It was so cute short. DH and I just loved it that way. She, however, likes it long, so it's long. She doesn't like it in her face, so she pulls it back with headbands and into ponytails. Once it's the length she wants, I'm going to take her to professional, curly hair salon to get it cut so that it's at its best.

Your DD looks adorable! What beautiful hair and eyes she has!

:iagree: also. This is what I did with my hair. I won't ever go back to bangs.

We have attempted it in the past, and I might be able to convince her to give it another try. She hates having her hair in her face, and usually ends up begging me to have them trimmed. Clips don't stay in her hair very long either. She either removes them or loses them while playing.

:lol::lol::lol:

My daughter just came to me and asked to have her hair cut. It's almost down to her bottom. It's so pretty, but I can't say I blame her. It is super thick and it tangles easily. I think she's going to donate it to Locks of Love, which makes me feel better (I know, It's not my hair).

Your dd has nice hair :001_smile: Has she ever had it cut?

...she is darling! You must find yourself just staring at her sometimes! :)

Next, growing out her bangs, as others have suggested, might actually give you more options for keeping her hair back, and out of her face. In the meantime (and, afterwards, if you are successful), you can use headbands (solid half moon types or the newer circular elastic types which are popular), you can pull that one side of her hair off in a top pony thing, or you can use those little claw clips (I'm totally making all these names up as I go along - I'm not sure that's what any of these things are called) that enable you to grip fine hair and hold it back.

I'll attach a few photos of our youngest so you can see what happens at the various stages. Longer but pulled up and back, short, totally grown out and behind the ears. I think your dd's hair is a bit curlier, but it may be just that ours insists on brushing hers out all the time despite the pleas to the contrary on the parts of me and her big sis (note that sis's hair is stick straight!).

post-1401-13535082775853_thumb.jpg

post-1401-13535082776105_thumb.jpg

post-1401-13535082776357_thumb.jpg

post-1401-13535082775853_thumb.jpg

post-1401-13535082776105_thumb.jpg

post-1401-13535082776357_thumb.jpg

Your dd has nice hair :001_smile: Has she ever had it cut?

She cut it herself when she was 4 and it was pixie short. Like, above her ears. I cried when she did that (my husband made me hide in our room-he was afraid I would scar her). She's been growing it out ever since. She's the kid who had curly, crazy hair when she was little, and wouldn't let me do anything to it. she hated barrettes and pony tales. It was ALWAYS in her face, but I decided not to fight with her. Then, her sister came along and LOVES to have her hair "done." So, oldest dd has been growing it for a long time (5 years to be exact). I make her trim it once in a while, and she has to come to the table/school with her hair pulled back or I get to do it. I'm wondering if her hair will curl again once it's shorter?

I agree with Doran. I think you're daughter's hair would be cute with the bangs grown out. My oldest grew her bangs out a long time ago and it WAS easier to keep it out of her eyes.

BTW Doran, your kids are cute too! We all have cute kids! You know what they say, Good looking moms, Good looking Kids:D

Take this with a grain of salt because my kids have straight, fine hair. I have no idea if it would look good or work with curly hair.

Dd used to let me part off just the top most section of her hair (and what was growing out from bangs) put in a small pony, then braid it on the side, or down the back (when her bangs totally grew out) when she was little. Just a very small braid. It kept her hair out of her eyes, and yet, because it was small it didn't bother her sensitive scalp either.