Menu

What is the mission statement to the

public school that your child(ren) would (or do) attend?

Just curious.

Here is one:

The district mission is to ensure that each child’s potential is achieved. We use a motto to set a positive climate for the school community: Is it safe? Is it caring? Am I doing my personal best? The vision we are striving to realize is:

XXXXXXX students are respectful, responsible, creative, curious, academically powerful learners, with well-developed critical thinking, and social skills. They seek understanding and demonstrate caring for themselves and people of all backgrounds. They are confident, resourceful, team-players that don’t give up. XXXXXX students make a positive impact in our world.

My children's private school mission statement:

xxx School is a community of students, teachers, staff, parents and alumni dedicated to excellence in Catholic education under the leadership of the Basilian Fathers.

We provide a holistic educational experience for the future leaders of our civic and faith community.

The motto (the same as that of the Basilian Fathers) : Teach me goodness, discipline, and knowledge.

essentially the same words to make them sound good, and when you're done reading them, you have no idea what they are really going to try to do! Also, how do you know when you've done the mission? I mean, what are you going to measure to make sure that you've reached the goal?

jeri

We only have one elementary and one high school in our county. The high school website is down, but here is the elementary mission statement.

-------------- Elementary is dedicated to providing an environment where all students will have the opportunity to be proficient academically, develop appropriate social skills, and mature into responsible citizens.

Where my dd currently attends K:

Our vision is a continuously renewed effort to enable students and staff to achieve their personal best. As students, standards, and guidelines change, we want to continually assess progress and adjust methods and expectations accordingly. This will require growth for all concerned which will include the movement toward the use of technology in an increasingly purposeful manner.

Copied from the school district's web page:

"...to set policy which will have a vision for the future. This vision will assist and challenge teachers in educating our youth, will be responsive to community beliefs, and will strive to bring out the talents and capabilities of all who are involved within the school district."

It seems more of a direction for the school board itself than what they would like to see students achieve. It's also pretty darn vague.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just looking up something mentioned on another thread and I came across this mission statement:

We believe that education is a lifelong process which not only enables the individual learner to acquire needed information and skill, but also produces changes in his/her thoughts, his/her reasoning and his/her actions. We strive to provide each student with a stimulating environment and the opportunity for learning experiences designed to promote behavioral development that affects continuing satisfactory adjustments to life.

Wow. Italics added.

The continuing mission of XXXXXXX is to provide high quality childcare and early childhood education based upon the philosophy and methodology of Maria Montessori. We do this by providing a safe and nuturing environment designed around the needs of the young child and their families, staffed by credentialed Montessori teachers and their trained classroom assistants.

Each child at XXXXXXXX will always be recognized as an individual and treated accordingly with respect and consideration, in turn learning to pass this respect onto all others. Encouraging the child's natural curiosity and motivation for learning, while promoting their self-esteem in an environment rich in success, is the cornerstone of our program.

This is my dd15's school's mission statement. It is a public charter high school:

Our mission at the (name of school) is to provide an environment which fosters and encourages high standards of academic achievement, creativity, technological sophistication, the love of learning, accountability, self-esteem and the development of good citizens. Through exceptional instruction by highly skilled and qualified teachers in such an environment, the highest possible student outcomes will be achieved.

This is my dd15's best friend's school's mission statement. It is a regular public high school, and there's not one word related to education!

Our mission is to create and nurture a school family where all members merge their beliefs, heritage, and skills to create an environment that fosters success, understanding, tolerance, and self-worth.

This is the mission statement of the high school my dd15 is districted for:

The primary mission of XXXX High School is to provide all students with learning experiences that meet their needs. These experiences would enable students to develop values, skills and self-direction necessary for functioning responsibly in a democratic society. To achieve our mission, the staff, students, parents, and community must work collaboratively.

This is the mission statement for the middle school. The one for the high school is 2 pages long, so I'm not going to post it. Suffice it to say that family involvement is encouraged to improve daily attendance and to vote yes on tax increases.

The Mission

Create an environment that encourages and guides the social, emotional, physical and educational development of each child.

Foster student and staff responsibilities and respect for self, all other people, societal needs and local and world environments.

Recognize and use to the fullest the rich diversity and professional skills of the staff by structuring an environment that encompasses risk-taking, critical and creative thinking, innovation, experimentation, personal responsibility, and shared decision-making as a meaningful part of the process of facilitating learning and growth for all students, staff, and other citizens in our school environment.

Edited by RoughCollie

public school that your child(ren) would (or do) attend?

High School-

Vision Statement:

XXX High School provides educational experiences that inspire academic excellence, personal growth and social responsibility.

Mission Statement:

XXX High School accepts the responsibility for providing

• <LI class=style2>A safe and positive environment <LI class=style2>A challenging academic program <LI class=style2>Activities that promote discovery of diverse interests and abilities <LI class=style2>An atmosphere of respect and trust

• Opportunities of responsibility

My younger dd attends a charter school. Their mission statement is your basic blah blah blah meaningless crap, but I do like their tag line- "Every Child, Every Day"