Menu

What household chores do you hate doing the most?

Why, I don't hate any of them. I view them all as a way to bless and serve my family. Nothing brings me more joy than putting laundry away, cleaning the toilets, and dusting :rolleyes:.

the above, was, well,...how shall I say this...sarcastic :eek:

Oh, dear. The game pushed her over the edge, I think! :D

Pass me not oh gentle mother,

Hear my humble cry,

While the other chores your doing,

Do not pass me by!

Laundry, Laundry!

Hear my humble cry,

While the other chores your doing

Do not pass me by...

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/p/a/passment.htm

I actually can hear my washing machine singing this as I go running past it during the day and I have to stop and throw it in the dryer.

That said- I really dislike dealing with the bathrooms, and mount laundry. We have had a problem with too much t.p. usage resulting in "Mt. Flushmore" and that also has me on the edge on a regular basis. I had to plunge the toilet this morning before leaving for co-op, the co-op toilet needed work during lunch, and when I got home I had to do my own again. Totally disgusting!

I hate putting away the laundry. I will sort, wash, dry, fold, but I hate putting it away. The sad part is that I only have mine to put away because everyone does his own and I still can't get mine put away for a few days. I have the same issue with putting away the clean dishes which is why I make the kids do that. I also hate putting away the vaccuum after I use it. Are we seeing a trend here?

I couldn't even see the dust I was supposed to be dusting.

Now, I dust about once a year. I can see that it needs it then. Sometimes, dh breaks down and does it himself.

You know, "dust" in Florida is a joke compared to some areas of the country. When you live in a dry, windy climate, dust is a living thing. I miss Florida dust.

I don't really mind doing the work. I actually find myself enjoying it once I am in the middle of cleaning.

My problem comes from motivating myself to actually start cleaning and then the frustration & discouragement I feel when it gets undone the minute I stop.

Gigi, I absolutely agree! The only chore that really annoys me is dishes because it's undone SO quickly.

But I love the feeling of getting myself to get started and doing a great job cleaning. I get SOO frustrated by how quickly it is often so undone. That's what I would describe as my least favorite.