Menu

How to use Latin Prep workbook?

BritAnnia

I've been too lax with my ds about latin and now I'd like to change that. Last year I had him start Latin Prep but after awhile it got pushed aside. Now I'm looking to start back with it... again :o , I thought I'd purchase the workbooks to aid us both. Okay, so now they've arrived... and the page numbers don't correspond to the book I have. No biggie, I can work that minor detail out. But my real problem comes in working with both the text and workbook. Can anyone help me by sharing how you schedule your lessons with both?

Well, my kids are younger than yours, but,

We do all of the exercises in the book and in the workbook. For every section, we do every problem. It doesn't really matter which is completed first, just that the section in the workbook corrosponds with the section in the book. It is convenient that the workbook refers to the applicable section of the book.

I don't have a schedule to complete Latin Prep 1 because I think it is a little advanced for my 10 year olds. We just stay on one chapter until we master it. We began in September and are just now beginning Chapter 5.

Penny

We complete an entire chapter in the textbook, and then go to the workbook and do all the exercises in the workbook for the whole chapter as a review. My son retains the material much better this way, and I can also assess if there is anything he needs more work on, before we move on to the next chapter.

Nikita

Lisa,

I've sent you an email... If you respond, I can send you the files for the homework I assign my students each week (page numbers for what we've studied in the textbook during class and then specific practice outside of class)...

~abbey

Abbey,

I just started Latin Prep I with my son...would you mind sending me a copy of your plans, too! :)

Thanks so much!

I've been too lax with my ds about latin and now I'd like to change that. Last year I had him start Latin Prep but after awhile it got pushed aside. Now I'm looking to start back with it... again :o , I thought I'd purchase the workbooks to aid us both. Okay, so now they've arrived... and the page numbers don't correspond to the book I have. No biggie, I can work that minor detail out. But my real problem comes in working with both the text and workbook. Can anyone help me by sharing how you schedule your lessons with both?

My dd 10 has just begun Latin Prep I and what we did for Chapter 1 was to have her finish the exercises in the textbook for the entire chapter and then work through the workbook as a sort of test. The parts she had trouble on we went back and reviewed that section of the textbook.