Menu

What are you watching?

Kidlit

I'm not a big TV/movie watcher but sometimes want something to watch while I'm folding laundry or cross stitching.   I have enjoyed Downton Abbey, several seasons of Call the Midwife, and several episodes of All Creatures Great and Small.  Obviously, I like period dramas, but I also enjoy mysteries (though nothing scary or gory).  I also have a niche interest in documentaries about cults and similar. 

Any recommendations?

Tonight = the new Masterpiece series  "Moonflower Murders", the sequel to "Magpie Murders".
    Usually it's easy to stream each episode the week or two afterward.

Both books are on Kindle Unlimited, if you want to read them.  The author did the screenplay, with a lot of creative enhancement.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/watch-online/

Moonflower1.jpg

Edited by Beth S
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I started watching "The Moonstone," and it might be up your alley. It was too tame for me. I've gotten into darker dramas. I'm almost too dark for comfort - but they are just so gripping. As long as it's drama, I'm ok, but the real crime shows are way too much for me. I'd never leave my house, and my kids wouldn't be allowed to either, if I watched too much.

Full disclosure, I only watch British TV series now. I can't stand most American TV, though I love a lot of Australian, Scandinavian and Canadian humour. The brits do dark drama really well, though I just watched an excellent South African TV series called, "Catch me a Killer," based on true experiences of the author.

• Thanks 1

Here’s a completely random list, some are family friendly and some not at all.not all period though they all fit end of day fairly mindless watching. 
 I enjoyed these two British shows: Here we go (hilarious) and Life (not so much). I forgot how I watched them though, may have been through VPN. If anyone knows of more on the same vein I’d love to hear them. Saw an ad for Sherwood and that looks good to me  but I haven’t watched yet.

Gilded Age is fun.

currently watching the last season of Call the Midwife, somehow it escaped me that there was a whole new season.

the movie What we did on our Holiday with DavidTenant and Rosalind pike was great. 

not in the same vein as these at all but I’m going to rewatch Succession and White Lotus. We watched a French movie recently that was enjoyed by all, translated as ABCs of Love in English and Parents d’eleves in French (this one was I think on the France channel subscription—always looking for more of this because unlike many of the rest I watched and loved this with DD). 
Saltburn both DH and I loved.

Edited by madteaparty