Menu

S/O Dresses…empire waists annoy me!

Familia

I’m too tall for empire waist in the torso or something. But, I sure love me a fit & flare poly dress. Do you all have recommendations for one that does not hit my ribs? Is it really too much to ask for a dress that hits the real waist? 

Old Navy has some fit and flare.

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=863621012&vid=2&tid=onpl000078&kwid=1&ap=7&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw65-zBhBkEiwAjrqRMKZ08R7DWUgSlE4cqzj9Kd8hlr17NTXpO8LBnWITiGuwpuZmoqYADBoCZxsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#pdp-page-content

I have to wear a lot of empire waist because I have a short rib cage so no dress with a fitted waist works. I and up with a huge amount of bodice fabric gumped up around my booKs, and let's just say my booKs aren't really books but more like pamphlets so it looks just soooooooo bad.

Mostly I do not wear dresses. I have a few sun dresses from Old Navy that I do enjoy, and then I have three performance gowns for when I have gigs, but all of those were professionally tailored. Otherwise leggings and tunics, or jeans and shirts. I have one fit and flare cocktail dress in jade green that actually fit right and came from Amazon of all places. I will never part with it because I hate shopping with the fire of a thousand suns. It will be my go-to for weddings for the rest of my days. I do have black dress pants and black top for funerals.

Good luck. Dress shopping is just pretty awful!

• Thanks 1

Lauren Ralph Lauren, Boden fit and flare dresses hit my waist. However, I am short with a long torso and high waist. Actual empire dresses hit my ribs.
If your waist sits low, many dresses would hit your ribs at the waist portion. Maybe look for dresses that are stretch to fit on top and flare below the hips, those would fit better to wherever your waist is at like a corset style fit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1