Menu

Covid finally caught me

Ginevra

I guess it took going out of the country, but I returned him from Ireland with a sore throat and dry cough, which turned into a fever and general hit-by-a-truck vibe. I have not even been able to empty my bags and get everything organized. I’m supposed to go to work tomorrow but I think that’s a no-go. 

Tested positive for Covid today. 

I have a theory that micro-mutations affect immunity to Covid (and probably flu and other viruses). So, while I have withstood Covid in my home region and perhaps have good immunity to “our” COVID, perhaps “Irish” COVID is different enough to make me vulnerable. 

It’s lousy. 

• Sad 33

14 minutes ago, Ginevra said:

I guess it took going out of the country, but I returned him from Ireland with a sore throat and dry cough, which turned into a fever and general hit-by-a-truck vibe. I have not even been able to empty my bags and get everything organized. I’m supposed to go to work tomorrow but I think that’s a no-go. 

Tested positive for Covid today. 

I have a theory that micro-mutations affect immunity to Covid (and probably flu and other viruses). So, while I have withstood Covid in my home region and perhaps have good immunity to “our” COVID, perhaps “Irish” COVID is different enough to make me vulnerable. 

It’s lousy. 

I am so sorry. I agree with your theory.

Are you going to try to get a Rx for the antiviral today?  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I am so sorry. I agree with your theory.

Are you going to try to get a Rx for the antiviral today?  

No. I actually didn’t even think of that but my observation of people who took paxlovid makes me think it’s not worth it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ginevra said:

No. I actually didn’t even think of that but my observation of people who took paxlovid makes me think it’s not worth it. 

I think you are right about that too. I think there is some new info out that says if you are generally healthy with no big risk factors it is better to skip it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ginevra said:

There are studies that suggest it's a good layer of protection against long covid.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ali in OR said:

Rest, rest, rest. Hope you have a mildish case. Remember to take it pretty easy for weeks to months while you recover fully.

Ah, dang. I didn’t actually think of that. I have hiking plans…

• Sad 2

I’m really sorry. I hope it takes it easy on you and you recover quickly and easily. 

2 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

Rest, rest, rest. Hope you have a mildish case. Remember to take it pretty easy for weeks to months while you recover fully.

And very much this. If your hiking is in the next month, I’d really not do it if I were you. So many people with long Covid start with the story of feeling like they’d recovered, and so returning to the gym or going for their runs or whatever and then they crash hard and regret it intensely. I’m sorry though, it’s a super frustrating thing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I keep hearing lately about holdouts getting it for the first time, including the ER doc that writes a newsletter.

If your hiking plans are out there a bit in time, I would play it by ear. It’s one thing to push yourself so that you can go and another if you really do feel just fine leading up to it. Just have a backup plan if you go and need to drop out—if that’s not possible, then maybe think twice about going.

When I hear about long haulers being sorry, they seem to be people who were already pushing themselves on the regular or are people who are super active who thought they could just drop right back into activity at a high level. I could be hearing not enough people, but I definitely am not hearing as much about people who said they played things by ear and took it a day at a time; there always seems to be an element of ignoring their bodily signals at some point. (And obviously some people were sick and never got back to any activity.)

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, kbutton said:

When I hear about long haulers being sorry, they seem to be people who were already pushing themselves on the regular or are people who are super active who thought they could just drop right back into activity at a high level

Hmmm. Sounds familiar…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

There are studies that suggest it's a good layer of protection against long covid.

Avoid long COVID any way you can. I have adult onset epilepsy and my neurologist says she has suddenly seen a lot more neurological issues in younger people after Covid. Research is supporting this.

• Sad 13

7 minutes ago, kbutton said:

If you think that’s you, maybe you do need to cancel. I hope not!

One of the planned hikes in June is a 16 miler. That’s rather a lot even for my little hiking group. 

I really, really hope I don’t have to cancel. It will mess up our whole summer sequence. I will be missing a section my buddies complete. Boo!

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, Hannah said:

Avoid long COVID any way you can. I have adult onset epilepsy and my neurologist says she has suddenly seen a lot more neurological issues in younger people after Covid.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm stuck with just intense environmental allergies. Year-round impact on the ability to do things outdoors, and of course medicine every morning and night. (At least with the medicine, I don't cough that much.) Add me to the chorus of those saying, "Rest."

• Sad 6

I hope you feel better soon. I also managed to avoid Covid for 3.5 years before picking it up in a trip to the UK. Hmmmm…..

I was basically in bed for a week and the exhaustion didn’t completely resolve for another two weeks. Then I was back to all of my normal activities. No lingering symptoms. Hope for the same for you.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Ginevra said:

One of the planned hikes in June is a 16 miler. That’s rather a lot even for my little hiking group. 

I really, really hope I don’t have to cancel. It will mess up our whole summer sequence. I will be missing a section my buddies complete. Boo!

Beginning or end of June? I’d be planning to cancel or modify if it’s next weekend. If it’s in three weeks you could know by then if you’re fully recovered. 

• Like 2

I too avoided it for about 3 1/2 years and got it from asymptomatic Spanish teens who had just traveled to the US, so I think it was a different enough strain to get me. I took it really easy, started with slow walks, but felt completely back to normal within a couple weeks. 16 miles is a lot though! I hope you heal quickly. Listen to your body for sure. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

Beginning or end of June? I’d be planning to cancel or modify if it’s next weekend. If it’s in three weeks you could know by then if you’re fully recovered. 

I’m glad you asked because once I checked my plans, I realize the 16 miler is not until August. There is an 8 miler planned for mid-June, though. So long as mine is not severe, I *should* hopefully be able to do the 8 miler. Hopefully will be back to normal by August. 

• Like 10

I hope you feel better soon.

Please do listen to your body. I don’t have Long Covid, haven’t had Covid that I know of, but I did just get diagnosed with a common-within-the Long-Covid community ailment. It’s possible I had asymptomatic Covid, I suppose. Whatever the cause, I am having intermittent idiopathic anaphylaxis from MCAS. It’s horrible, and you don’t want it! Long haulers have been very helpful with info, but I would not wish this on anyone.

Get well so you can hike!

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

I agree with all of the above. I'm two months past my first Covid infection (picked up from my husband who caught it in a different region of the US than where we live). I am pretty much back to normal, but my GI system has only been back to normal for a couple weeks, and my muscles are still recovering. I have been modifying exercise and taking breaks to let my muscles recover. I was biking 4-7 miles several times a week—fairly fast on hilly (paved) trails—and doing daily yoga. I was never sore. Since Covid, I would be sore for several days and crash at 10 p.m. after days of light exercise (walking or maybe 20 minutes of easy yoga). I'm back up to biking once or twice a week, about 4, slow miles. Friday was the first day I didn't have any soreness or fatigue afterward.

So, do listen to your body and take it slowly.

• Like 3

On 5/27/2024 at 3:41 PM, Ginevra said:

One of the planned hikes in June is a 16 miler.

Covid causes heart inflammation, even with the newer, milder, and european variants. I've been traveling enough that I've had it in the US, from Europe, multiple times now. You really, really want to be careful about your heart and actually take your pulse, make sure it's completely normal for you before going out and doing that kind of exertion. 

If you typically have a mild reaction to viruses and the hike is scheduled to be at least 3 weeks from now you might be ok. If it's closer or you tend to get more sick, I would have someone else plan to lead it so your attendance is non-obligatory. You might end up walking part of it or seeing them off and greeting them at the end. It usually takes me quite a while to get my heart back to baseline, and that's with every med they can throw at me.

Paxlovid, well I guess that depends on your risk. I did it one time and had a rebound, which means for me it's not enough. I end up plowing through with the other meds docs have access to. Covid also drops your IRON and vitamin B1. I think the iron may be the reason for the heart issues, because iron helps regulate heart. So watch your iron, watch your heart, take it easy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, iamonlyone said:

the first day I didn't have any soreness or fatigue

Have you done labs on your thyroid, iron, and b1? All those get affected and could cause symptoms like that. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 6:22 PM, Ginevra said:

I realize the 16 miler is not until August. There is an 8 miler planned for mid-June, though. So long as mine is not severe, I *should* hopefully be able to do the 8 miler. Hopefully will be back to normal by August. 

You're a hoot, lol. No, it won't matter if it's 8 or 16 if your heartbeat is irregular. I would suggest having someone else plan to lead it so you can do at that time what is appropriate for you.

At this point I'm in a pretty good groove with covid and bouncing back (which meds, what supplements, etc.) but you've never done it and don't know what will happen with your body. Fwiw, even with someone who bounces back really well like my ds, I wouldn't LET him do that much exertion that close. 

Edited by PeterPan
  • Like 1

I had a bum knee for over a year and every step was painful. I got covid a few months ago and stayed on my Lazy boy for 10 days straight, from pure exhaustion. 

At the end of the 10 days, I got up and ever since then, I’ve only have tiny twinges of knee pain. Covid cured my knee! Not really—but the resting sure did.

There’s something to be said for resting the body when it needs it. I didn’t realize that my knee needed a long rest to get better. 

Covid is not the time to push through. Prop yourself up on a comfy chair/bed, and rest rest rest. And hydrate.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, PeterPan said:

At this point I'm in a pretty good groove with covid and bouncing back (which meds, what supplements, etc.) but you've never done it and don't know what will happen with your body.

I know I’m a broken record on this, but I’m so nervous for you on this! There’s no indication one can expect to continue bouncing back, and even moreso for people who have some significant symptoms like you do with your heart. I can’t tell you how many long haulers had multiple uneventful infections before becoming disabled, and your body is already giving very clear signals of the impact it’s having on you. I just feel worried about how you’re going to do if you keep getting infected. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Today’s accomplishment: I took a shower! Granted, I’m totally exhausted from it, but it does feel nice to be cleaned up a bit. 

This is the first day I can stand up without being dizzy and having the room rock and roll. On the agenda: nap, water, nap, water, nap, drink bone broth, water, nap. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Ginevra said:

Today’s accomplishment: I took a shower! Granted, I’m totally exhausted from it, but it does feel nice to be cleaned up a bit. 

This is the first day I can stand up without being dizzy and having the room rock and roll. On the agenda: nap, water, nap, water, nap, drink bone broth, water, nap. 

Good plan! Take it easy without any guilt!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, goldberry said:

Now I'm a little nervous about our trip to Italy later this year!  I've not had Covid so far either. 

My kids travel all the time - domestic and international - and it's very rare that they get sick at all.  Try not to worry!  

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, goldberry said:

Now I'm a little nervous about our trip to Italy later this year!  I've not had Covid so far either. 

My mother is traveling right now. Anything in a group (like a tour bus, a cruise) is more problematic than basic normal land touring. Unfortunately, she's doing to be doing some group tours, which I think is likely to land one or both of them sick. I encouraged her to wash hands, give space, and see a doctor if they get sick. 

The times I've gotten sick while traveling it was doing obvious stuff like eating food off the buffet where people didn't wash, sitting on a bus behind someone HACKING SICK, or hugging someone who then fessed up they were fighting a bug. 

I have *not* gotten sick doing more typical land touring things like an outdoor walking tour, a bike tour, an indoor tour at a museum, riding in a cab, etc. 

Edited by PeterPan
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Unfortunately, she's doing to be doing some group tours, which I think is likely to land one or both of them sick. I encouraged her to wash hands, give space, and see a doctor if they get sick. 

Add wear an N95 on the bus and indoors to her list of precautions and she’ll have a good chance of staying healthy. 

• Like 5

OP, I'm sorry to hear that it finally got you.   I hope you feel better soon!

Touching on points mentioned in this thread:

You are right that the best high-quality evidence (RTC) we have shows convincingly that paxlovid is not effective for acute covid in immune-competent populations. 

The evidence base for paxlovid for long-covid prevention remains very poor quality with mixed outcomes.   I remain very skeptical, and probably wouldn't take it myself.

Regarding travel and covid risk: any circumstances where one shares the air with others will put one at risk.  Close, crowded, indoor environments with poor ventilation are highest risk.   Tour buses top my list of risky environments: the climate control recirculates stale air for the duration of the trip, causing one to rebreathe many other people's stale air; I have recorded ppm CO2 in excess of 6000 on a tour-bus highway coach that had AC running over a 4 hour ride (that is ridiculously high and the worst I've ever recorded anywhere, by far -- anything over 800-1000 ppm CO2 is concerning and prompts me to put on an n95).  Any passenger vehicle with air set to recirculate will be high risk if shared with others, including taxis.  Airplanes are risky during boarding and de-planing, as air recirculates; HEPA and ventilation don't kick in  until the jet engines are on (ie, between take-off and landing).  Restaurants are generally better than other indoor venues, as the kitchens  generally have good ventilation. Every airport I've been to since 2021 has been surprisingly good, with ppm CO2 in the 600-800 range.  Museums, concerts, interpretive centres, schools, gyms, stores, etc tend to be a mixed bag; some are terrible for ventilation and some are great -- a CO2 monitor is invaluable for real-time ventilation risk assessment.  

Raven Clean Air Map is a crowd sourced app where people share their CO2 data for venues around the world.   Might be useful for travellers.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Great information @wathe, as always.  Thanks for the great reminders about the recirculated air.   I was aware of airplanes, but I guess I thought on coach bus that the air would be filtered like it is during the flight on an airplane. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Great information @wathe, as always.  Thanks for the great reminders about the recirculated air.   I was aware of airplanes, but I guess I thought on coach bus that the air would be filtered like it is during the flight on an airplane. 

If coach air is filtered, I would never know.  Filters don't scrub CO2.  But I doubt it.  Coaches are low-cost transportation; I doubt that there are international or even national standards for coach air quality.  (Now I need to find out!)

ETA: for what it's worth, my kid's school bus is a germ swamp with terrible air and no AC or mechanical ventilation or circulation.  But that's definitely not a coach!

Edited by wathe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KSera said:

Add wear an N95 on the bus and indoors to her list of precautions and she’ll have a good chance of staying healthy. 

If my mom was listening to me, she wouldn't be going on the trip at all. 😉 I'm not her POA and the POA apparently thought this was ok. 

I've been traveling enough that I'm very aware of how/where people are getting sick. One trip I got sick because I did the most DUMB basic thing--eating without washing my hands first. We were using the elevator (not my norm) because one of the people in the party needed to use the elevator. So, so dumb. 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, wathe said:

If coach air is filtered, I would never know.  Filters don't scrub CO2.  But I doubt it.  Coaches are low-cost transportation; I doubt that there are international or even national standards for coach air quality.  (Now I need to find out!)

ETA: for what it's worth, my kid's school bus is a germ swamp with terrible air and no AC or mechanical ventilation or circulation.  But that's definitely not a coach!

Following up on my own little rabbit trail:  I did not have any luck finding HVAC standards for highway coaches.  ASHRAE, in a guidance doc for mass transit operators states "The situation is further complicated by a wide variety of HVAC systems being present across the industry".  I did find reference to MERV 8 filters (and specifically not HEPA) for one operator, and MERV 4 filters in an HVAC specs for buses doc (company that sells them,  I think).  I could not find much evidence for HEPA filtration on any highway coach in my (admittedly very brief)search, other than plans to install in one bus system.  HEPA certainly does not seem to be an industry standard, or even common on buses.

ETA: the trip with the 6000ppm CO2 coach ride was the trip on which I finally got covid.  I actually think I got it in the back of an ambulance (with an obviously sick person) on the same trip, rather than on the bus, but who knows.

@Ginevra, sorry for the rabbit trail.  I will go back to behaving myself properly now.

Edited by wathe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, wathe said:

sorry for the rabbit trail.  I will go back to behaving myself properly now.

On the contrary, thank you for that, from the bottom of my heart. This was a self-planned trip, so we were not ever on tour buses, but I truly never thought of that as an illness risk. 

We planned the trip in such a way that Dublin was our last stay, which I’m sure turned out to be fortuitous, because that’s the only time we did close-quarters stuff that probably transmitted Covid. (Other than the flights). 

I think I most likely picked it up during the Guinness Storehouse tour because people + alcohol + indoors is a recipe for high transmission. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PeterPan said:

Btw, how was Ireland? Want to tell us what you did? I've been researching it and am a girl with a dream...

It was spectacular. This was the first time I ever persuaded my USA-loving spouse to go across the pond so it was very special to get to share the beauty and wonder with him. We also had some friends along and it gave my husband nice camaraderie for things I don’t care about (ie fishing, discussing the HVAC system in the castle…) 

So, here was the basic itinerary:

1. Dublin, got rental cars, drove to Kilkenny

2. One night in Kilkenny; saw Kilkenny Castle and toured it

3. Drove to Kinsale; stayed at the most beautiful AirBnB location of all time, right on the Irish Sea. The guys went fishing, ladies walked around town. 
4. Drove to Killarney. Stayed 3 nights at an abnb; our friends stayed at a fancy hotel. The guys went on a chartered fishing trip; ladies rode bikes around Muckross. Hiked Gap of Dunloe. Rode in the Pony Cart pulled by a Cob named Sally O’Brien. 🙂 Saw Torc Waterfall. Went into town and heard some live music and watched drunk people make fools of themselves. 🙂

5. Drove to Dingle. Stayed 2 nights at a guesthouse BnB. The lounge was fun and we met a gregarious lady from New Zealand who almost had me convinced I should come to where she lives and hike. Saw the Sheepdog demonstration at Dingle Sheepdogs. Also saw famine houses and Beehive hut on property. Drove Slea Head drive and saw the cool things you see there. I did hurt my back doing something simple where I stumbled taking my pants off, which sucked, but my friend is a nurse and she did some physio on me. It helped. 
6. Drove via the auto ferry at Tarbert to Doolin. Stayed at a disappointing Airbnb. Walked the Cliffs of Moher Cliff walk. Should have parked at the visitor center instead of pinching pennies. Walking that way was not ideal for anyone and my back was sore. 
7. dh and I drove to Galway to turn in our car; our friends drove across the middle of the country to turn theirs in at Dublin. My way was better! 😝 We took the train from Galway to Dublin for a nice break from driving/decision-making/logistics. 
8. Stayed the last 3 nights in a posh hotel in Dublin. Fanciest hotel I’ve ever stayed in in my life! Went to Kilmanhaim Gaol (must get tickets the hour they release, 28 days ahead). Went to Guinness Storehouse tour, which was better than I expected (not being a beer drinker), but is probably where Covid found a home in me. Saw yet another two references to the Camino de Santiago (it’s calling me, I tell you!) Endured numerous arguments between members of my party about the tram and which stops to get on and off at. Ended up hating the tram myself and stopped using it, preferring to walk to anything not much more than a mile. Saw several things on foot but didn’t go inside (like Christchurch Cathedral, which is so spectacular). Went to Trinity Trails and Book of Kells tour at Trinity college. That’s another thing to book ahead. They are soon closing the Long Room for repairs and even now, most books are down. I was worried that the Book of Kells experience would be cheesy and dumb but it was not. This tour was fantastic; 5 stars. Also went to The Brazen Head, billed as “Ireland’s Oldest Pub”, though Sean’s Bar in Athlone says that too and is older. But it is super old, so that’s all well and good. 
Flew out of Dublin. 

• Like 12

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ginevra said:

It was spectacular. This was the first time I ever persuaded my USA-loving spouse to go across the pond so it was very special to get to share the beauty and wonder with him. We also had some friends along and it gave my husband nice camaraderie for things I don’t care about (ie fishing, discussing the HVAC system in the castle…) 

3. Drove to Kinsale; stayed at the most beautiful AirBnB location of all time, right on the Irish Sea. The guys went fishing, ladies walked around town. 
4. Drove to Killarney. Stayed 3 nights at an abnb; our friends stayed at a fancy hotel. The guys went on a chartered fishing trip; ladies rode bikes around Muckross. Hiked Gap of Dunloe. Rode in the Pony Cart pulled by a Cob named Sally O’Brien. 🙂 Saw Torc Waterfall. Went into town and heard some live music and watched drunk people make fools of themselves. 🙂

5. Drove to Dingle. Stayed 2 nights at a guesthouse BnB. The lounge was fun and we met a gregarious lady from New Zealand who almost had me convinced I should come to where she lives and hike. Saw the Sheepdog demonstration at Dingle Sheepdogs. Also saw famine houses and Beehive hut on property. Drove Slea Head drive and saw the cool things you see there. I did hurt my back doing something simple where I stumbled taking my pants off, which sucked, but my friend is a nurse and she did some physio on me. It helped. 
6. Drove via the auto ferry at Tarbert to Doolin. Stayed at a disappointing Airbnb. Walked the Cliffs of Moher Cliff walk. Should have parked at the visitor center instead of pinching pennies. Walking that way was not ideal for anyone and my back was sore. 
7. dh and I drove to Galway to turn in our car; our friends drove across the middle of the country to turn theirs in at Dublin. My way was better! 😝 We took the train from Galway to Dublin for a nice break from driving/decision-making/logistics. 
8. Stayed the last 3 nights in a posh hotel in Dublin. Fanciest hotel I’ve ever stayed in in my life! Went to Kilmanhaim Gaol (must get tickets the hour they release, 28 days ahead). Went to Guinness Storehouse tour, which was better than I expected (not being a beer drinker), but is probably where Covid found a home in me. Saw yet another two references to the Camino de Santiago (it’s calling me, I tell you!) Endured numerous arguments between members of my party about the tram and which stops to get on and off at. Ended up hating the tram myself and stopped using it, preferring to walk to anything not much more than a mile. Saw several things on foot but didn’t go inside (like Christchurch Cathedral, which is so spectacular). Went to Trinity Trails and Book of Kells tour at Trinity college. That’s another thing to book ahead. They are soon closing the Long Room for repairs and even now, most books are down. I was worried that the Book of Kells experience would be cheesy and dumb but it was not. This tour was fantastic; 5 stars. Also went to The Brazen Head, billed as “Ireland’s Oldest Pub”, though Sean’s Bar in Athlone says that too and is older. But it is super old, so that’s all well and good. 
Flew out of Dublin. 

Sigh of contented jealousy! I’m glad you got to go and now I’m feeling like I need to figure out this international travel thing for myself.

But I’m thinking Scotland for me. 

Edited by Garga
  • Like 1

Just now, Garga said:

Sigh of contented jealousy! I’m glad you got to go and now I’m feeling like I need to figure out this international travel thing. 

But I’m thinking Scotland for me. 

Scotland is awesome! But someone needs to be a brave driver because Scottish rural road are kind of unbelievable. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ginevra said:

Scotland is awesome! But someone needs to be a brave driver because Scottish rural road are kind of unbelievable. 

My daughter went to Scotland last summer and that was her biggest freak out! Fortunately a travel mate was driving but she said you had to be on constant alert!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ginevra said:

That was amazing, thank you for sharing! I may (shhh) cheat and just do a small group tour so I don't have to drive. Your trip sounds like it was a lot of fun!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ginevra said:

One of the things that US drivers find difficult is that most out-of-town roads operate on a don't-be-an-idiot speed limit. The official limit is usually 60 but there's no expectation that you match that on tiny roads. 

image.thumb.png.03efa3b5ee4b10eb47624d6b4b3a8756.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Laura Corin said:

One of the things that US drivers find difficult is that most out-of-town roads operate on a don't-be-an-idiot speed limit. The official limit is usually 60 but there's no expectation that you match that on tiny roads. 

image.thumb.png.03efa3b5ee4b10eb47624d6b4b3a8756.png

Yes, that was hard for my husband to understand in Ireland. He would see the speed limit sign and would kinda speed up. I kept reminding him that the car rental guy said there is no need to meet that speed on rural roads. It’s just a different way of thinking about speed and it was hard for him to really embrace it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ginevra said:

Flew out of Dublin. 

That’s sounds like an awesome trip/itinerary, and I’m saving for future reference. Camino de Santiago is on my bucket list too. I need to figure out how to make it happen! Have you seen The Way? It’s so good. 

• Thanks 1