Menu

Algebra Review book

My Ds needs some solid review of Alg 1 over the summer. He did geometry this year. He is in ps and I hope to have a tutor lined up soon. We need a book, NO online or screen-based resources. 

Suggestions? 

4 minutes ago, smfmommy said:

Does he need a book to explain or just review problems?

If just the problems you could do the Pizzazz with Algebra books.  You can find them free online to print.

He will have a tutor, but some explanations and sample problems would be good.

I will have him do an Alg 2 readiness test to highlight weaknesses, to give the tutor an idea of where to begin.

• Like 1

I just reviewed all the Algebra 1 review workbooks available on Amazon and ended up buying this one for DS3 to use over the summer.

It covers everything I want without a lot of extra stuff (arithmetic review, tricky mixture problems, etc).

I like that it has short explanations and some example problems, but not so many that the book is overwhelmingly long. And each topic only has 10ish practice problems presented in a large, friendly way. And I like the variety of problems in the sample - not trivially easy, but also not unnecessarily tricky. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2024 at 7:30 PM, wendyroo said:

I just reviewed all the Algebra 1 review workbooks available on Amazon and ended up buying this one for DS3 to use over the summer.

It covers everything I want without a lot of extra stuff (arithmetic review, tricky mixture problems, etc).

I like that it has short explanations and some example problems, but not so many that the book is overwhelmingly long. And each topic only has 10ish practice problems presented in a large, friendly way. And I like the variety of problems in the sample - not trivially easy, but also not unnecessarily tricky. 

This is perfect! Thank you!