Menu

What color shoes with beige pants

Amethyst

I bought a pair of beige pants last year in beige thinking they were a nice neutral color so lots of things would go with them. I wasn’t thinking of shoes at the time I bought them. I am NOT a shoe person. I have one pair of beige-ish shoes. But they are not a close enough match so they look bad together. Black shoes contrast too much, I think. So the pants just hang in my closet, never worn.

I think I just need to wear the pants shoe shopping. Or should I be matching the shoes to the top? Thoughts? 

Match to the top, or pick a pair of darker brown shoes that match the tone of the beige. 

I think black shoes, beige pants, a black blouse and a beaded necklace would look sharp.  Same with taking out the black and doing a nice white for shoes/blouse.  Any other color, go with a brown or white shoe (or something strappy and multicolored).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HomeAgain said:

Match to the top, or pick a pair of darker brown shoes that match the tone of the beige. 

I think black shoes, beige pants, a black blouse and a beaded necklace would look sharp.  Same with taking out the black and doing a nice white for shoes/blouse.  Any other color, go with a brown or white shoe (or something strappy and multicolored).

I actually have a black blouse that I rarely wear because I feel it makes me look like a waiter. But maybe I’ll give it a try with the beige pants and a necklace. Thanks. 

26 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Here’s a pic of the pants and shoes. I think they look awful together. The picture doesn’t make it look as bad as it really is. 

I don't like them together.  The pants are warm, but the shoes have more of a grey tone.  A white or a cream, maybe, instead?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

I don't like them together.  The pants are warm, but the shoes have more of a grey tone.  A white or a cream, maybe, instead?

I agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes—pants are warm toned, shoes are cool toned, so they clash. The pants would look good with a warm, darker brown (like a cognac) or like the others suggested above. (Black shoes with black shirt, fashion sneakers in white, etc). 

• Like 2