Menu

Geometry Proofs

My college kiddo just kinda thanked me for making her do proofs.

I’m pretty sure Geometry aged me 6 years… So “yay” for getting through the hard stuff when no one wanted to do it.

:0) 

Edited by MamaSprout
  • Like 13

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rzberrymom said:

My college kiddo has also thanked me several time for making her do AOPS. Says she can always reason backwards and figure out whatever math is in front of her.

We didn't use AoPS as much as imacs/EMF. Dd told me later that she wished we had done more of the EMF/imacs. I told her the computer wasn't up to more of her banging her head against it. 👀 (Geometry was just a textbook. Larson, I think). We always sort of had two math threads going at a time. Regular Math and Fun Math. Sometimes more of one than the other. Pretty sure nothing about The Geometry Year was fun, though.

Edited by MamaSprout
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Likaly said:

Thanks for the encouragement! And thanks for sharing your homeschooling path. I am reading your posts/replies since the beginning, every day at night.

Oh dear. It was a bit messy, lol. Definitely ask questions from all of us veterns. Most of us have "what we would do differently" advice. ETA. I just looked at some of my old posts. Oy. Dd has some eye tracking issues that were clearly a problem from the beginning. It would have saved us both some grief if I had pushed harder with the eye docs back then.

Edited by MamaSprout