Menu

March craft thread

I didn't get to finish that Halloween quilt I was working on last month due to a machine malfunction. We think we have it worked out, so hopefully I will be finally getting that done. I also have a bed quilt at the longarm quilter that I expect to get back any day now. I want to get the binding on right away.

• Like 3

I’m trying to wrap up an Amish puzzle ball that I have worked at on and off. I’m down to all the hand assembly, but my fingers get a bit sore as it’s mostly made from lightweight denim, and I forget to use a thimble until my fingers are already annoyed. 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 3

I have a few more bookmarks to share.

I made this for a friend on the board who is a Shirley Bassey fan. I sent it with an autographed Shirley Bassey program that I've had since 1970. The program features on the bookmark. 

Front ~

20240223_165408.thumb.jpg.28659367ca556d1e663ccdd7df1cc6c8.jpg

Back ~

20240223_165420.thumb.jpg.b4d43389aa2b90e4906995f673eaeeb3.jpg

@Laura Corin kindly responded to my request for Shirley Bassey stamps. In thanks, I made her this bookmark with items significant to her. She asked for a plain background. Ironically, though mailed the same day, her bookmark arrived in the UK before the Shirley Bassey bookmark arrived at its destination in the US.

Front ~

20240223_165518.thumb.jpg.d66cca9d3cdfc34d911ab264fe8d0542.jpg

Back ~

20240223_165524.thumb.jpg.f0c10ab1d4bb7c13c3a23f8eaeb61962.jpg

Two more bookmarks.

The one on the left is for a friend who is an avid letter writer. The one on the right, I made for a board friend who likes penguins.

Fronts ~

20240123_121102.thumb.jpg.cb08c1e6cf50d3406d87d0ee36718ed2.jpg

Backs ~

20240123_121116.thumb.jpg.160f3ee37bcd6a7e17760c9bb46355fb.jpg

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I've done an altered book example and some collage greeting card samples for my students (high school art teacher at an alternative high school). 

At home, working on organizing everything and unpacking. Today I organized fabric, got most done except fabric scraps. If you have a favorite way to store those, I'd love ideas. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, LifeLovePassion said:

I've done an altered book example and some collage greeting card samples for my students (high school art teacher at an alternative high school). 

At home, working on organizing everything and unpacking. Today I organized fabric, got most done except fabric scraps. If you have a favorite way to store those, I'd love ideas. 

You sound very busy, but I would love to see your altered book. I've long been intrigued by those, but never found "just the right thing" for me.

• Like 3

Hello Crafty People.

I'm knitting away as usual. The socks are a gift that I sent out at the post office this morning. The orangey thing is a kerchief (now finished except for blocking), knitted from a blend of silk, mohair and wool. This is also a gift for a friend who needs a hug. 

Last December, I made Sew Liberated's Studio tunic as a gift. I now have one cut out for myself.

PXL_20240229_191813115.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jane in NC said:

Hello Crafty People.

I'm knitting away as usual. The socks are a gift that I sent out at the post office this morning. The orangey thing is a kerchief (now finished except for blocking), knitted from a blend of silk, mohair and wool. This is also a gift for a friend who needs a hug. 

Last December, I made Sew Liberated's Studio tunic as a gift. I now have one cut out for myself.

PXL_20240229_191813115.jpg

Those socks are so gorgeous! Love 'em

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having finished 2 8x8 albums for our youngest granddaughter , I am working on another photo album.

2016 we had our “family” photographer spend an afternoon with our whole big family. He had done 2 of our kids weddings, and several family photo shoots for us, so we were all very comfortable just hanging out with him. 
The plan was to just play with the grands kids the way we just hang out and goof off. 
We have moved so this album is now loaded with memories .

Highlights are the “grandpa built” sandbox, , grandpas pedal cart he gave them all rides around the neighborhood, hanging out in the  apple tree they all loved to climb, and blowing giant bubbles.

At that time we had 12 grands, ages 13 to 6 weeks. It was a joyful fun day.
We have one last granddaughter who arrived several years later, but she was there for a few years before we all moved and I am including  a photo of her with grandpa by the  firepit. 

It did rain, so the  fire pit  didn’t happen that day. But we tried to catch all the things the grands all love about that back yard.

• Like 3

With Easter coming up, I'm currently working on Easter baskets. I almost finished painting and decorating wooden eggs. I was lucky to find great personal creations kits at a low price. I didn't expect I would enjoy the process of egg painting that much 🙂

Edited by Rosla
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Almost finished a dress for my DD

It turned out to be a very tricky pattern. I have the hem to go but need to let it hang for a few days first. It is very ruffly and the skirt part very swooshy. It doesn't show in the photo but the skirt flares out. Has 7 panels. Is going to be fun to hem 😁

17114227373518848902309119958989.jpg

17114227746818093327043935142553.jpg

Edited by Melissa in Australia
  • Like 5