Menu

I love my new VacMop robot!

Bambam

I found a Shark IQ 2 in 1 Vacuum Mop combo robot on clearance at WalMart for $90 (originally priced at $399), so I decided to take a risk as I had been wanting to get one, but planned to wait till Black Friday.  This thing is great! First of all, unlike the 'smart' eufy we have, it does make a map of your house and you can label rooms and send it out to vacuum specific areas. But the best thing, it will mop! I have mostly ceramic tile floors, and it does a pretty good job on them - doesn't really get the grout, but neither do I unless I get on my hands/knees with a grout brush.  It has a little extension you put on with water (and the Shark floor cleaner if you have it, my box didn't come with any, so I've just been using plain water), and bingo, it is ready to mop!  

Downsides I've noticed so far:
1. It's hard to clean the back side of the filter in the dust collection area as it is partially covered by a slanted piece of plastic. Poor design. 
2. I still haven't added rugs, so I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to mop the master bathroom which is over carpet from the base location. I'm still working on figuring that out. My DH picked it up and just did spot cleaning in the bathroom, so worse case scenario, we can just do that. 

I'm sure this is not the latest and greatest model, but this is going to make life very much easier around here! 

Now I really need to find some way to have someone come identify what part of my flooring is. It looks like hardwood, but I suspect it really is vinyl plank flooring of some sort. Is there any way to easily figure that out? 

ETA: Another downside - it is a little taller than my Eufy robots, so it can't get under a couple of places the Eufy does with ease. 

Edited by Bambam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It seems I've found your post just in time as I'm looking exactly for a combo robot. And I've already looked through the Shark reviews here. Other people are also satisfied with the purchase. Well, I need to buy it too 🙂 Is it still available at this price? 

Edited by Rosla

1 hour ago, Rosla said:

It seems I've found your post just in time as I'm looking exactly for a combo robot. And I've already looked through the Shark reviews. Other people are also satisfied with the purchase. Well, I need to buy it too 🙂 Is it still available at this price? 

Not that I know of. This was in the clearance section of my local Walmart, and there was only one. 
Usually you can find excellent prices on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. 

• Like 1

I had the old Shark vacuum but bought a Roborock for a vac/mop combo unit. You definitely got a great deal....mine was not that cheap LOL I love having the mop feature. It really helps to keep up on the dust/hair/dirt more than just the vacuum did. I still steam mop on occasion, but this really helps to keep the everyday moping under control.