Menu

New Washington Post poll of homeschoolers

chiguirre

The WaPo did a poll of homeschoolers to compare with a 2019 federal government poll. It's an interesting snapshot of the post-Covid homeschoolers.

Here's a gift link:

https://wapo.st/3EZ9GVf

There are some political opinions expressed on both sides of the spectrum, but a lot of the new homeschoolers are not ideological. They tried it out in 2020 and it stuck.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, chiguirre said:

The WaPo did a poll of homeschoolers to compare with a 2019 federal government poll. It's an interesting snapshot of the post-Covid homeschoolers.

Here's a gift link:

https://wapo.st/3EZ9GVf

There are some political opinions expressed on both sides of the spectrum, but a lot of the new homeschoolers are not ideological. They tried it out in 2020 and it stuck.

Jives with what I see. Masks haven’t been mandated for over a year. We are very purple. Lots of ‘don’t teach my kids to be LGBTQIA, and God is a white man, manifest destiny is inevitable thinking. It’s driving diverse parents of means away.

Edited by Sneezyone

Very interesting. 

We're in NYC, where the homeschoolers mostly weren't religious even before COVID.

What I see here is that COVID homeschoolers are less against the school environments. A bunch of them are doing pod classes. DD11 has just tried one and reported that all the kids acted like they didn't really want to be there but had no choice 😬. That's . . . not what I'm used to. 

• Like 2