Menu

Tackling Friday Together, 9.22.23

mom31257

Good morning!

I'm so excited because my big sister is coming up today! Her husband is doing so much better, enough to leave town for a few hours. He attended a congestive heart failure clinic. He has to measure and count all of his liquid intake as well as salt intake, but he has been able to lose 25 pounds of fluid and come off oxygen. 

Dd is coming down later, too. That will make a great day even better! 

Hope you all have a good one!

• Like 7

Good morning!

Prep stuff:
Drain the cooler and refill with ice. ✔️ 

Walmart bc I forgot my pillows at home. 🙄 ✔️ 

Ingles for lunch food ✔️ 

Then head to the camp and get our campsite marked, my tent up, ✔️ and then volunteer with whatever needs to get done. My troop team should arrive late afternoon and the event begins around 9:00 pm. Thankful for lovely weather!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Good morning!  I'm so glad it's Friday.  It's been a busy week.

• coffee, turned in draft of analysis
  • class all morning
  • drop off my kid's skates for sharpening?  I forgot to ask him about that.
  • pay mortgage
  • take ds to a sleepover
  • date night with dh
  • 10,000 steps

I got to sleep in this morning until nearly 6, which felt amazing.  Dh handled breakfast and lunch for ds and will probably be given credit for packing a better lunch than I gave ds yesterday. 😄 I'm going to let ds think that and not realize that I had already set the menu for today.

• Like 5

Good morning! 

Today I have: 

....coffee
....prep/go do PreK/tutor the 2 little girls

....maybe coffee with my friend?? Not sure
....check in with the kids on their geology lab test - is it an exam, or just a lab quiz, or ??? 
....check in with the kids on their history game project steps due, etc. and in general their homework/class requirements, make sure everyone's on track

....arrange the strips, maybe even sew them! 
....spend some time arranging the stuff in the old (little/fireproof for important papers) safe and the new (FIL "gave" us) big safe & putting the closet back together
....DH is cooking a roast w/root veggies in the crockpot for dinner

....remind DH to Zelle my Director's Fees, and check on insurance for Oldest (turns 26 next week, so needs insurance off the health exchange thing)
....explore some future vacation ideas that DH had
....after dinner....not sure? TV? Guys video game night? Not sure....

Should be a good day, hopefully. 

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 5

nvmd, can't sleep, so eating and doing things...

checked online about the kids' stuff, no info on the lab test so will have to ask them/make sure they know; no info on what documentary to watch for "volcano documentary write-up" due Oct 1, so will ask them; no info from the history prof on anything, so...will have to ask them. I hope they know what's what with all of this. 

(if DS weren't in the classes, and his first dual credit/comm. college stuff, I wouldn't be so hands-on.....)

So, that's off my list & onto theirs.

• Like 3

Howdie, happy Friday!

I am struggling to get focused on work!  I have at least 2-4 things I really need to send out today!

Got some work news that was good in some ways and ... I'll say neutral in other ways.  😛  One less thing to worry about though!

I ate 2 fruits, took vitamins, drank water, and did some walking and jogging with the dog.

I'm working on a "diet."  I have lost 8-10 lbs since I started getting serious about 7 weeks ago, which I think is not bad ... I have another 10 to go before I'll transfer to maintaining.  Honestly it's getting boring.  I don't like food to begin with, but there's a stash of chips which I'm trying not to think about.  😛  I moved it to the basement a couple weeks ago, but I know it's still there.  😛  Work stress and distraction are not helping.  The kids buying/baking cookies isn't helping.  Housemates bringing home restaurant leftovers isn't helping.  Wah wah wah!

Kid1 texted a screen shot of her acceptance to the university she applied to.  Not gonna lie, I'm a bit relieved, even though it's not a selective school, because of her math challenges.  I assume the other kid is / will be accepted too, as she has better academics.  But she hasn't confirmed to me yet.

The kids have their homecoming parade / homecoming football game tonight (band gig).  Not sure what my involvement will be.  Most likely I'll drop them off where the parade starts, park the car, and either work or walk for a while.

Hoping to get my work done before that.

• Draft a letter to the government that is stressing me out.  That's most likely why I can't get started.
  • 2 accounting packages sent to a tax guy who's been waiting a while.
  • Do some work in my inbox to find out if I'm forgetting anything.
  • Follow up on some things if they get returned to me from the people currently working on them.
  • I have tons of other things to do once I finish the above.
  • Like 6

Ok, need to call Oldest's current providers and see who takes what insurance plans before we switch him. DH has that listed for Monday. As long as we get it done before his bday, we should be fine. 

Arranged the strips for the quilt border, pausing there b/c my leg is aching, so going to sit and (hand) sew patches on a friend's fencing jacket for him, and watch some TV. 

• Like 3

I finally forced myself to draft the letter to the government.

Now the day is over and everything else is even farther behind.  But, I am gonna go eat.

I decided not to attend the homecoming game.  The girls were confusing about what time they needed to be where, and by the time they figured it out, they were already late.  Some forgotten/misplaced items complicated things too.  I guess it was time they had a little life lesson (or three).

So I have the evening "off" or I can use it to finish some work.

• Like 2

It was a great day! My sister got here around 10, and we played a game and had tea (her) and coffee (me). We went to lunch at the new sushi/hibachi place. Then we visited our mother's grave and the graves of our grandparents and great-grandparents on my mom's side. We were closest to them. 

Dd came, and we played another game. Then we all left and met dd's girlfriend at a retail area. They all had boba tea, but I was hungry and got food. 

Dh is going to the football game. I would go, but I'm tired and have a lot of school work to do. 

• Like 2

Waiting for the Saturday thread to start.

Yesterday I went to work, then we met with an attorney about the house situation.   Then we had dinner and I talked to a close friend who is going through some struggles.   Then it was bed time.

Now we are realizing we have 3 weekends to get all the rest of our stuff out of the house!   YIKES!

I need to set some specific goals.   This weekend I plan to tackle the garage attic, the attic spaces in our house, and extra closets we aren't using right now.   This includes bathroom closets, kids closets, etc....and anything they have in dresser drawers.....all the smaller/loose items.

DH will tackle the actual garage as that is all his stuff, and then I am hoping we can get a few items of furniture we aren't using out of the house (extra TVs we used for staging that aren't hooked up, our personal staging type furniture, etc....)

• Like 1