Menu

Experience Gifts - Some Ideas

alysee

Last year we gave each of the kids two IOUs each and they picked two separate experiences they wanted to do one-on-one with either Mom & Dad. We still have to do 3 more experiences but we've already got them on the calendar. This has been so fun! Doing something fun and being able to give my full attention to individual kids have been so good for my mama heart.

13yo girl: Barbie movie & went to David's tea & mani/pedicure with lunch. 

11yo girl: nature trail with Lunch & trampoline park with lunch(in November)

9.5yo boy: cooking class & trampoline park with lunch

9.5yo boy: TMNT movie & trampoline park with Lunch(in October)

5yo girl: paint pottery & lunch, trolls movie(in November)

I hope this gives you some ideas for Experiences for kids of various ages.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

love experience gifts.  Thanks for the ideas.  Did you do it for a birthday? 

We did it last Christmas as a present. We have tried to book something for each kid once a month. We let them pick pretty much anything as long as it's nearby(30min drive one way was what we had as a rule).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Love this idea.

Me too.  I have a friend with four kids still at home and she is so good about taking them out for one on one time.  I complimented her on it and she said her teen son whines, "why do I have to spend one on one time with you?  None of my friends do this with their moms!"  I thought that was funny because her social media posts always look like the kids are so happy and here this boy feels like he's forced to do it!  She always makes it super special for them - lets them choose the outing - and I'm sure that it will mean a lot to them someday and certainly create wonderful memories.  But for now at least one thinks it's not fair!  😛

Edited by Kassia
  • Haha 4

When my kids turn 11, we go to Universal Studios Florida to Harry Potter world and get their wand(since 11 is when witches and wizards go to Hogwarts). I make a huge deal out of it, stay in a premier hotel, eat one nice(expensive) dinner and the kids have looked forward to their 11th birthday. It is their only birthday present from us that year.

I just got back this morning from my daughter’s trip.  The time spent together is worth the price.

Edited by Mrs Tiggywinkle Again
  • Like 9

theater/play/musical

destination/specialty shopping or restaurant

subject to availability: zoo, rodeo, circus, amusement park, Halloween theme haunted house things

camping or cookout

our small people love thrifting - garage sales, Goodwill

a meet up with someone special like a friend or relative or neighbor for a shared outing

Does acquiring a pet or new plant or hobby count?

Good luck, have fun!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

When my kids turn 11, we go to Universal Studios Florida to Harry Potter world and get their wand(since 11 is when witches and wizards go to Hogwarts). I make a huge deal out of it, stay in a premier hotel, eat one nice(expensive) dinner and the kids have looked forward to their 11th birthday. It is their only birthday present from us that year.

I just got back this morning from my daughter’s trip.  The time spent together is worth the price.

That’s so special.

When ds turned 10 we told him it was time for Pokémon trainers to leave home and start their journey 🤷‍♀️😂 He wasn’t interested. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...