Menu

Labor Day Tackling 9/4/23

math teacher

After a leisurely Sunday, I need to get it in gear today!!

more coffee-done

continue cooking-cucumber greek salad and breakfast casserole made-still on the agenda: steak, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, watermelon, chicken in the crockpot for the freezer

laundry-done

clean the bathrooms-done

shower -done

moisturize-done

read-done

dust

shop for a mattress maybe/maybe not-not

study HMH for the week-got half done

locate some missing items-done

fill the birdbath-done

Edited by math teacher
addition and update
  • Like 8

Good morning!

Slept in 

Texted ds about coming up to see him this week and bringing some stuff

• medicine
  • coffee
  • breakfast
  • dh and I go see the Oppenheimer movie
  • not sure if we'll eat out after or eat at home
  • work on school stuff while dh does his fantasy football draft this evening
  • watch something and relax

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 8

A moderately restful day here. I slept in and have had some coffee and my quiet time. About to have a catch-up phone call with a friend shortly.

Later:
AHG things ✔️ 

Make 2 chx pot pies, one for us and one for a neighbor who just had a baby. Will require a quick grocery trip for a few things. ✔️ 

Think about this week and make lists.

General tidying and clean a bathroom. 

Update YNAB ✔️ 
Walk  
Read ✔️ 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 8

Still recovering from the flu. Dh has taken the past couple days off too sick to work. Youngest ds is on day 3 so hopefully past the hard part.

Oldest ds is having difficulty with wisdom tooth extraction recovery. He developed an infection and started antibiotics Saturday evening then last night got scared cause a hole has developed in his sinus, he has a sinus perforation. He called in and the surgeon said they will call Tuesday to have him come in. We are praying that it is a small one and able to heal on its own. His recovery is now triple what it should have been. He is freaking out after looking up what a sinus perforation is and what surgery could be. ugh

It's been a rough week

• Sad 8

4 minutes ago, history-fan said:

Still recovering from the flu. Dh has taken the past couple days off too sick to work. Youngest ds is on day 3 so hopefully past the hard part.

Oldest ds is having difficulty with wisdom tooth extraction recovery. He developed an infection and started antibiotics Saturday evening then last night got scared cause a hole has developed in his sinus, he has a sinus perforation. He called in and the surgeon said they will call Tuesday to have him come in. We are praying that it is a small one and able to heal on its own. His recovery is now triple what it should have been. He is freaking out after looking up what a sinus perforation is and what surgery could be. ugh

It's been a rough week

OH man I am so sorry all this is going on.   Does your oldest ds have the flu too? I am so sorry that your ods is having a rough recovery. I hope it gets better soon.

I hope everyone in the house feels better soon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh and I feel woefully unprepared for starting with students tomorrow at my new school. Thankfully we only have 9th graders tomorrow and then everyone Wednesday. We have just been so busy with this basement project that I haven't even had time to think about it, which is good, I suppose. I don't believe in working at home for free, so they get what they get as far as preparedness. 

• Like 6

Mostly loungey here today. Definitely did not finish my list. Hope to catch up this week, despite a busy schedule.

Enjoyed a call with a friend. 

Folded some laundry.
Cooking a frozen pizza to be for Ds’ lunch tomorrow. 
About to have some dinner and read. 

Dd went back to school. It was hard when she left. Dh and I are both sad. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@history-fan, I'm so sorry your ds had this happen and that you are all sick! Praying for quick recoveries from the flu and his situation to heal and be easily dealt with. 

@LifeLovePassion, I hope your first day goes well! It will be dh's first day with students. He said he thinks he is the calmest he's ever been the night before a first day. 

@ScoutTN, I'm sorry you guys are sad! Changes as our children grow up aren't easy. 

Dh is done with his draft. 

We ate leftovers, and dh made a sandwich to take tomorrow. I've got everything laid out to make him peanut butter honey oatmeal for breakfast. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My position is new for me this year. Teaching art at an alternative learning center for 9-12th grades. Class sizes are small as well as total student population (15ish per class 120 maybe in the whole school). Bringing in art is new and they are dropping a boatload of funds into getting things established. I hope to offer some non-traditional options like knitting and resin work as we go along. It is a unique model in that we have hexmesters. What is a hexmesters? A 6 week (half trimester) term. The theory is take a deep dive into a subject and if you hate it, realize you only have it 6 weeks so give it your all. Should be interesting! They were awaiting approval for my next supply order which ended up being over $10,000 worth of material. Hopefully that happened and things are on their way to me... Since it is a brand new program, the room literally had nothing but a few pair of scissors and some colored pencils, hard to offer a quality high school program with just that. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, LifeLovePassion said:

My position is new for me this year. Teaching art at an alternative learning center for 9-12th grades. Class sizes are small as well as total student population (15ish per class 120 maybe in the whole school). Bringing in art is new and they are dropping a boatload of funds into getting things established. I hope to offer some non-traditional options like knitting and resin work as we go along. It is a unique model in that we have hexmesters. What is a hexmesters? A 6 week (half trimester) term. The theory is take a deep dive into a subject and if you hate it, realize you only have it 6 weeks so give it your all. Should be interesting! They were awaiting approval for my next supply order which ended up being over $10,000 worth of material. Hopefully that happened and things are on their way to me... Since it is a brand new program, the room literally had nothing but a few pair of scissors and some colored pencils, hard to offer a quality high school program with just that. 

Wow. You are a pioneer! So cool to build a program from scratch. They are lucky to have you.

• Like 2