Menu

"intermediate" spanish? 8th grade

ktgrok

Here kids often take "beginning spanish" in 7th and "intermediate spanish" in 8th. The theory is that together those equal Spanish 1. However, generally kids do not skip Spanish one, they just find it easier after having already had exposure. At least, that is how it used to be done, and I think still is? 

DD did Getting Started with Spanish and DuoLingo for 7th grade. Trying to figure out what to do for 8th grade. Continue Duo and get a grammar workbook? Use Spanish for Children ? Something else? Any thoughts? She does not want a live class. 

I'm putting my 7th grader in Ouino. It's more "fun" like Duolingo but it actually teaches grammar and has quizzes. 

SFC is pretty light for a middle schooler but it does teach grammar. One of my graduates used it alongside Duo, Memrise, and various supplements. 

6 minutes ago, SilverMoon said:

I'm putting my 7th grader in Ouino. It's more "fun" like Duolingo but it actually teaches grammar and has quizzes. 

SFC is pretty light for a middle schooler but it does teach grammar. One of my graduates used it alongside Duo, Memrise, and various supplements. 

I've never heard of Ouino - going to check it out, thank you!

22 minutes ago, Miss Tick said:

That looks pretty cool, have you tried it out already?

We have not started our year yet so it's just on deck. 🙂 We've both been through the sample of this one and several others. I weeded them out based on explicitly teaching grammar and mechanics, homeschooler reviews, and then and something that works on his Android tablet. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 6:33 PM, Miss Tick said:

That looks pretty cool, have you tried it out already?

Sorry ktgrok, all the resources I used are antiques by now.

So many of them are! Lots that are still CD based vs online, or online ones that require outdated software, etc etc. It's kind of crazy. 

• Like 1