Menu

Need a new washer: LG or Electrolux?

lorilou

Hello Hive! It looks like I am going to be needing a new washer soon....my Kenmore Elite front-loader circa 2004 seems to be on it's last legs. I want to stick with a front-loader and am looking at the LG WH4000 and the Electrolux ELFW7637 or ELFW7537. Anyone out there have any input on these models or brands? Thanks! 😃

I have the Electrolux 7637 washer. It’s been great. I love the sanitize cycle and the quick wash cycle especially. I have used most of the cycles at this point. The only one I have been unhappy about is the towel cycle. It doesn’t spin enough water out of the towels. I wash my towels either on whitest whites or on normal and adjust the spin to high instead.

I 100% would buy the same washer again.

Eta: just looked at my dial. It’s optic whites  instead of whitest whites. 

Also, if you do get the Electrolux, know it is suds sensitive. Never use more than one pod. The machine is happiest with one pod or a scant tablespoon of soap. We have had two suds warnings with the washer. One happened when a kid overdosed the liquid soap, another when a kid had gone crazy with facial cleanser in wash rags that they hadn’t rinsed well at all. I just ran an extra rinse cycle and it resolved. 

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Like 2

I have had my LG washtower for a little over a year, and I love it. It cleans very well.

I hate to hear the negative reports about LG appliances. I have an LG refrigerator that is several years old. No issues. It has been flawless. And I just ordered an LG induction range to be delivered next week! We got it from Costco, so we have an extra year warranty. And I may purchase and extended warranty. 

Consumer Reports lists LG #1 in owner satisfaction and #2 in predicted reliability. We shall see, I guess! I don't really put much stock in CR ratings anymore, but I do always check with them. LG and Bosch are tops in both categories. Interestingly, Electrolux is way down the list for both owner satisfaction and reliability. 

Edited by popmom
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 2:04 PM, Carol in Cal. said:

Personally I would fix the old one.  It's so much more reliable than the newer models.

This has been our stance through the years. Pretty easy to do with YouTube videos! DH has replaced the control panel on both the washer and dryer, and the heating element on the dryer. The recent issue with the washer was the door-lock sensor. DH replaced it and it did great for about 2 months. Now it's throwing the same code throughout the wash cycle. 🤷‍♀️ Will see if he can resolve it....but in the meantime, figuring out what we would replace it with if needed!

Thank you all for the input! 

3 hours ago, lorilou said:

This has been our stance through the years. Pretty easy to do with YouTube videos! DH has replaced the control panel on both the washer and dryer, and the heating element on the dryer. The recent issue with the washer was the door-lock sensor. DH replaced it and it did great for about 2 months. Now it's throwing the same code throughout the wash cycle. 🤷‍♀️ Will see if he can resolve it....but in the meantime, figuring out what we would replace it with if needed!

Thank you all for the input! 

Well, in that case I’d suggest saving up for a Speed Queen.  They are still built to be reliable, unlike almost any other appliances on the market right now.