Menu

Are there any other Cantata people?

Ours is tonight. This Christmas my two older children and I are participating. The kids have a short program then participate in the first two songs, and the finale of the adult program. They also have parts in the nativity scenes. Tomorrow evening I have a solo. DH has wanted to participate also but it is his turn to hold the baby. I look forward tomy entire family having a part in the show in another year or so.

Who else?

Ours was last weekend:

Dd16 danced (classical ballet)

Dh played principal flute

I got to play the oh-so-famous bassoon! And I also had the oh-so-rare solo!

But the true hero of the night was 12yo ds - who volunteered to watch the pink-eye-contaminated 4yo during the performance.

Oh, oh, oh, what's your solo? None of us are involved this year, I miss it, but I sound like a frog this week so it's just as well.

I have the first verse of "The Offering" it is a praise song. I LOVE IT!!

The big question is will I be able to sing it without crying... (that did happen to me at one of my practices :blushing:)

Ours was last weekend:

Dd16 danced (classical ballet)

Dh played principal flute

I got to play the oh-so-famous bassoon! And I also had the oh-so-rare solo!

But the true hero of the night was 12yo ds - who volunteered to watch the pink-eye-contaminated 4yo during the performance.

Your 12yo ds is a great kid!

I am glad all went well for you (except for the sick preschooler.)

Cantata's are one of my most favorite parts of the holidays!! We are going to ours on Christmas Eve. I used to participtate, but with so many kiddos and running everywhere... I'll have to wait until life slows down a bit and join in again... maybe another 5 years or so...

I'm not in a Cantata, but I am super overwhelmed and suffering with a sore shoulder from all my work as Director of Music. Lots of practices, lots of formulating services, lots of decisions...

I will be so glad when New Year's Eve is done. Then I will have seven weeks with an easier pace and then more services during Lent and all the preparation for Easter.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a fantastic Easter cantata? Maybe we will try it. Or if you have a Christmas one you love, please share that, too. We have only about 12-15 in our choir.

Our children's service is tomorrow and I'm only in charge of accompanying them. It was VERY rough last Sunday. I hope things fall together tomorrow morning!

Such a special time of year!