Menu

Congrats to ER!!! 8 A's & 1 B for his first semester of college!

ER received A's in:

- Old Testament

- Honors Freshman Seminar

- Concert Choir

- Harmony (Music Theory)

- Sight Singing/Ear Training

- Jazz Band

- Piano

- Voice

and he received a B (but very close to an A) in Oral Communication/Public Speaking.

Edited by ereks mom

Hey, good for him! And what a busy schedule. Is that many classes typical for a student in his major? (Music, I presume.)

The only course that wasn't required for music majors is Jazz Band (worth 0.5 credits). And music majors are also required to participate in another choir (no credit) that meets for 2 hours once per week + performances, and they receive a grade for recital attendance (but again, no credit); recitals are held most Friday afternoons from 3:00-4:00.

Edited by ereks mom

The only course that wasn't required for music majors is Jazz Band (worth 0.5 credits). And music majors are also required to participate in another choir (no credit) that meets for 2 hours once per week + performances, and they receive a grade for recital attendance (but again, no credit); recitals are held most Friday afternoons from 3:00-4:00.

Wow, I can see that he's kept busy. I remember you mentioning that he was too busy to come home for a visit and now I see why. Kudos again to him!

Enjoy his company over the holidays.

Regards,

Kareni

Now you can have a lovely holiday.

I read the list of classes to my children and they were amazed. No math? No science? What kind of a school is this? They know that you focus more on your major in college, and they know their brother will take no history at all in college, or foreign languages, but even so, they didn't really get it until now LOL.

Mine got As and Bs as well, and to our relief, is planning on going back for a second semester. And my middle one survived CC precalc and intro chem, also to our relief, and also got Bs. We had to help with the math a bit, but that is going to be normal for this one, I think. Fortunately, the college he's headed for has lots of tutoring.

-Nan

Congratulations on a job well done! That takes a lot of work. My dd still hasn't gotten all of her grades back yet, so your ds is lucky to know. Dd is very anxious here.:001_smile::001_smile: