Menu

Oh vey- teens, s3x, and bc

Soror

12 hours ago, pinball said:

Interesting. If only this tactic was applied in all situations involving teens and choices that have lifelong consequences…

I’m not clear what you are referring to here, but I would guess that in general, parents who try to help guide their teens to make mature choices rather than act on immature impulses would do so across a wide variety of scenarios and not just when it comes to using birth control. Maybe you can clue me in to what I’m missing in your post.

• Like 8

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Melissa Louise said:

Yeah, don't get your info from influencers, OBGYN's or not.

Go and see your actual doctor.

Signed, would not agree with ArteHaus with a gun to my head, but yeah, the pill can be problematic for some women.

Yeah, but in America many people can't afford to see a doctor. That's a national embarrassment, but it's also the truth. So influencers are better than nothing.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, chiguirre said:

Yeah, but in America many people can't afford to see a doctor. That's a national embarrassment, but it's also the truth. So influencers are better than nothing.

And honestly, the fact that so many doctors don’t recommend two forms of birth control for those who really don’t want to be pregnant (not just that it’s not a convenient time), makes me not place a whole lot of trust in many doctors when it comes to reproductive health. I trust my own research more.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, chiguirre said:

There are more reliable sites online than social media.

Look for a site ending in .gov or .org

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Frances said:

And honestly, the fact that so many doctors don’t recommend two forms of birth control for those who really don’t want to be pregnant (not just that it’s not a convenient time), makes me not place a whole lot of trust in many doctors when it comes to reproductive health. I trust my own research more.

yes...but only B/C I know good and damned well medical professionals are not infallible and don't evaluate all patients the same way.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, Frances said:

I’m not clear what you are referring to here, but I would guess that in general, parents who try to help guide their teens to make mature choices rather than act on immature impulses would do so across a wide variety of scenarios and not just when it comes to using birth control. Maybe you can clue me in to what I’m missing in your post.

It's obvious to me, from their previous posts. Of course they'll most likely come back with a denial, lol, but my guess is teens seeking transgender care.

• Like 2

Yesterday I got permission to make an appointment and the tone was totally different. Now cross your fingers that the appointment will be attended. 

eta- fyi- this appointment is to go over the options- she will then be free to choose what works for her

Edited by Soror
  • Like 16

19 hours ago, Katy said:

I’m clearly not going to change your mind, but for anyone finding this thread with Google in the future, everything about this statement is factually untrue. Please don’t get information from people on the internet who pretend to be experts but understand nothing about science. If all else fails, talk to your doctor or one of the OBGYN influencers online. People with actual degrees in medicine or advanced practice nurses.

No, you likely wouldn’t change my mind. However, I do love learning, reading, and researching. If you have any useful “scientific” information to negate, or add to the three points I brought up (of course, there are more, but I didn’t want to overwhelm you:) then, why not share them? 

No one needs a degree to understand what endocrine disrupters are. Bone density is affected by use of bc. It is a carcinogen. These are not fallacies, nor propaganda. Since you need government approval so dearly, there are plenty of .gov websites that concur with these points. To say these things are factually untrue is your own ignorance. 

An OBGYN influencer? Are you kidding? Yeah, people should check with one of those, lol.

What is sinister about natural birth control methods to you? What makes synthetic hormonal birth more righteous than good ole’ nature? Both forms are fallible, but one of them is actually harmful. I think you are simply biased towards the messenger (that’s fine:), because denial of the message is psychotic. Have you ever even thought to look into bc, or try to understand anything about it?  

Although my questions are rhetorical, and a response isn’t necessary, wouldn’t it be wiser to simply comment with actual reasoning as opposed to your emotions?

16 hours ago, Frances said:

Some babies are born into terrible, life altering, nightmarish scenarios. And that is far likelier to happen when the parents aren’t taking responsibility for their ability to procreate. Let’s think about the poor innocent babies, rather than just focusing on whether or not the teen’s life is ruined. Which is a stupid black and white way to look at it all anyway.

Yes, even planned babies experience nasty things in life. I just don’t think you have a clear point. 

If we were to focus on *poor innocent babies*, and not whether a teens life would be “ruined”, then none of you would love abortion so much, nor would this thread even been created, as it concerns a teen and her mother and a refusal of bc (umm to prevent the birth of a baby…) I didn’t see anything mentioned about the poor innocent babies from the OP. 

12 minutes ago, ArteHaus said:

Yes, even planned babies experience nasty things in life. I just don’t think you have a clear point. 

If we were to focus on *poor innocent babies*, and not whether a teens life would be “ruined”, then none of you would love abortion so much, nor would this thread even been created, as it concerns a teen and her mother and a refusal of bc (umm to prevent the birth of a baby…) I didn’t see anything mentioned about the poor innocent babies from the OP. 

WTF is wrong with you? 

I started this thread because this girl - by her own stated desire- doesn't want a child but is only half-assed trying to prevent it. Teenagers often don't think through the likelihood of the consequences of their actions.

Yes, bc isn't perfect and has its side effects but being a teen mother also has a lifelong effect on a person.

I never said anything about abortion. The goal is to prevent pregnancy. BC usage reduces abortions. 

And today after I made the appointment she then asked me to move the date up sooner so I think the reality of the risk of her actions hit home.

Just yesterday I had someone tell me to my face that *all* sw'ers are terrible people. 

I'm done with this sh!t. 

I'm doing my best to help people. I'm going above and beyond. I answer calls and messages days, nights, weekends. I'm trying to help people break out of the cycle of poverty. Help them find resources in our area, be their support. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything- I can't even if I wanted. But I'm going to be frank with people -- just like I would with my own kids--- people deserve that. My one coworker mowed a client's yard and then gave her the mower, another buys her client's kids stuff out of her pocket all the time. We do care. You are welcome to get out there and help people- you could lead NFP classes to teens in your area. 

Edited by Soror
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 20

16 minutes ago, ArteHaus said:

Maybe you think I don’t have a clear point because unlike you, I don’t make black and white statements that leave no room for nuance or other’s opinions. I’m not under the illusion that I’m right and everyone else is wrong and everything is simple and black and white with no shades of grey. 

And the idea that some of us “love abortion so much” is such a gross mischaracterization that it doesn’t even deserve a response.

Edited by Frances
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Soror said:

WTF is wrong with you? 

I started this thread because this girl - by her own stated desire- doesn't want a child but is only half-assed trying to prevent it. Teenagers often don't think through the likelihood of the consequences of their actions.

Yes, bc isn't perfect and has its side effects but being a teen mother also has a lifelong effect on a person.

I never said anything about abortion. The goal is to prevent pregnancy. BC usage reduces abortions. 

And today after I made the appointment she then asked me to move the date up sooner so I think the reality of the risk of her actions hit home.

Just yesterday I had someone tell me to my face that *all* sw'ers are terrible people. 

I'm done with this sh!t. 

I'm doing my best to help people. I'm going above and beyond. I answer calls and messages days, nights, weekends. I'm trying to help people break out of the cycle of poverty. Help them find resources in our area, be their support. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything- I can't even if I wanted. But I'm going to be frank with people -- just like I would with my own kids--- people deserve that. My one coworker mowed a client's yard and then gave her the mower, another buys her client's kids stuff out of her pocket all the time. We do care. You are welcome to get out there and help people- you could lead NFP classes to teens in your area. 

First, calm down. You don’t need expletives to speak (write), or make a point.

Birth control is great, I agree. It is great that you are trying to help people (not sure if using them as internet fodder is great, but whatever). 

My point wasn’t about you or abortion, just that HBC isn’t good for teens anyway, and that she can control pregnancy naturally, so… win win. Your thread minions flipped their lid because I said HBC was…unhealthy, gasp. Poor people aren’t just chemical rabbits and deserve natural, healthy alternatives to the status quo (I am sure you are offering hbc for free). I think that is the deeper issue. I look at it like McDonald’s vs fresh food. I just don’t think it is fair that the poor teen in a dysfunctional family gets hbc, with no knowledge of anything else.

I am sure you read the whole thread. It is that simple.

I'm not a health care provider. I just set up the appointment. The Dr is the same one half the town uses and they will be treated the same as anyone else. They are free to choose based on the information they are provided.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ArteHaus said:

You are dead wrong. It is because of the innocent babies that I support CHOICE and BODILY AUTONOMY. 

Babies deserve to be wanted and be born into healthy, stable, supportive environments.

Teen motherhood is generally an indicator that one or more of those "criteria" will be missing or subpar.

Hence, the need for reliable birth control.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

10 minutes ago, fraidycat said:

You are dead wrong. It is because of the innocent babies that I support CHOICE and BODILY AUTONOMY. 

Babies deserve to be wanted and be born into healthy, stable, supportive environments.

Teen motherhood is generally an indicator that one or more of those "criteria" will be missing or subpar.

Hence, the need for reliable birth control.

Right, you love those little babies to pieces, wink wink.

Not all pregnant teens are unhealthy, unstable, or have unsupportive environments. That is certainly a stereotypical blanket statement. 

Yes, birth control is a good thing. Even better if it is natural and not harmful:), which was my overreaching point.

18 hours ago, Frances said:

My guess is that she’s referring to gender affirming treatment.  

42 minutes ago, ArteHaus said:

Not all pregnant teens are unhealthy, unstable, or have unsupportive environments. That is certainly a stereotypical blanket statement. 

Which is why she identified is a stereotypical blanket statement by saying that it was "generally an indicator" not a universal truth.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, skimomma said:

Even though I know better.....

Find me one quote example from anywhere on this forum of anyone who has stated a love for abortion.  

Your comment would be poignant if those who oppose abortion and are pro-life would speak for themselves and prove my statement wrong.

And yes, I believe you know better:)

44 minutes ago, skimomma said:

Even though I know better.....

Find me one quote example from anywhere on this forum of anyone who has stated a love for abortion.  

There are numerous threads where posters are so pro-abortion they accuse any pro-life posters of wanting women to die. Of killing women. That comment in particular was deleted so I won’t be able to find it.

I think most posters try to couch it in terms of choice and that they themselves would never have an abortion. But they sure want it available anytime, anywhere, for anyone. So they can parse and say they don’t love abortion but they love choice.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bolt. said:

Which is why she identified is a stereotypical blanket statement by saying that it was "generally an indicator" not a universal truth.

In other words, “in most cases; usually an indicator”.  

A general statement about a particular group is…generally speaking, a blanket statement:))

What are we even talking about here? I mean, come on.

38 minutes ago, pinball said:

There are numerous threads where posters are so pro-abortion they accuse any pro-life posters of wanting women to die. Of killing women. That comment in particular was deleted so I won’t be able to find it.

I think most posters try to couch it in terms of choice and that they themselves would never have an abortion. But they sure want it available anytime, anywhere, for anyone. So they can parse and say they don’t love abortion but they love choice.

I absolutely want bodily autonomy.  Every time, everywhere, for everyone.  And that includes choosing whether or not to use one’s one body as a life support system for another body.  So yep.  I love being pro-keeping-abortion-legal.  Because if it’s not legal, anytime, anywhere, for anyone, then that means really important decisions about someone’s bodily autonomy are being made in advance by someone with no actual knowledge of the facts of the situation.  And that’s wrong.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

29 minutes ago, ArteHaus said:

In other words, “in most cases; usually an indicator”.  

A general statement about a particular group is…generally speaking, a blanket statement:))

What are we even talking about here? I mean, come on.

I don't really know what you are talking about. I just thought it was oddly argumentative that you would criticize a statement for not being universally true when the person who posted it had already clearly identified it as being only generally indicative. Therefore I thought it reasonably to point out that you seemed to be picking at a 'flaw' that was not, in fact, present.

As to why you would be picking at a flaw that was not present: I don't know. It seems unreasonably argumentative for the context.

The thread was clearly only started as a request for commiseration with a professional experiencing someone acting against their own interests while she is working hard to help them see and act for their own benefit. That's frustrating, and she deserves empathy.

I have no idea why you would be serving her with unkind pedantic nit-picking and tangents. I think you should probably let it go.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, pinball said:

So they can parse and say they don’t love abortion but they love choice.

That is not parsing.  I doubt you, or anyone else, can find EVIDENCE that any single poster anywhere on this forum "loves abortion."  When you (and others) keep saying stuff like this, it just puts you on auto-ignore to me and likely others.  

I don't think you or ArteHaus care if you are taken seriously.  You both enjoying starting and/or coming onto threads in an attempt to ruffle the feathers of people who want to engage in dialog with other thoughtful and intelligent people.  It must be a fun hobby?   Like, seriously, maybe knitting or raising chickens or tennis or something would be a better use of your time?  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ArteHaus said:

AND, not or. Healthy AND stable AND supportive.

Primary Relationships, Finances, extended family and friends, education, etc.

Show me all the financially stable, pregnant teens you know.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fraidycat said:

Zygote. Embryo. Fetus.  POTENTIAL human baby.

You love science so much, at least be consistent.

Oh dear, I was being too cheeky, you didn’t get it.

I was referring to what happens to the baby, fetus, embryo (whatever you refer to a child as), after abortion.

5 hours ago, Soror said:

Yesterday I got permission to make an appointment and the tone was totally different. Now cross your fingers that the appointment will be attended. 

eta- fyi- this appointment is to go over the options- she will then be free to choose what works for her

Thank you for coming along side this teen and helping her get an appointment to discuss options.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, ArteHaus said:

Oh dear, I was being too cheeky, you didn’t get it.

I was referring to what happens to the baby, fetus, embryo (whatever you refer to a child as), after abortion.

No, I'm being as literal as you choose to be. You said babies. I know exactly what you meant. I chose to stoop to your level.

But, now I have to go do worthwhile things, so trolls will have to find their own snacks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, skimomma said:

That is not parsing.  I doubt you, or anyone else, can find EVIDENCE that any single poster anywhere on this forum "loves abortion."  When you (and others) keep saying stuff like this, it just puts you on auto-ignore to me and likely others.  

I don't think you or ArteHaus care if you are taken seriously.  You both enjoying starting and/or coming onto threads in an attempt to ruffle the feathers of people who want to engage in dialog with other thoughtful and intelligent people.  It must be a fun hobby?   Like, seriously, maybe knitting or raising chickens or tennis or something would be a better use of your time?  

I am knitting a baby blanket now, ironically, lol.

No one is ruffling feathers by saying something contrary to the many pc comments on these threads.

How is natural birth control feather ruffling?

Why is it offensive to say that hbc is not great if you value optimal health? None of that is controversial, just true.

How is disagreeing with abortion more feather ruffling than agreeing with it? Just a matter of opinion. 

I haven’t seen much dialogue, just agreement with this or that. Dialogue may include alternative opinions. That is what makes interesting dialogue.

Put you hands over your ears and eyes. Other people’s thoughts and opinions are just frightful, I know :))

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

Y'all are arguing with someone who seems to identify with nazis (antrehaus) and a troll with a screw loose (pinball).  Don't waste your time. 

Well, it seems that some people will resort to lying. 

I identify with the true Hebrew people. Take that as you like. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ArteHaus said:

Well, it seems that some people will resort to lying. 

And I just want to marry Ben Shapiro and have his babies

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, ArteHaus said:

I take anyone referring to Hebrew people as truly (in italics for emphasis and to indicate anti-factual interpretation inconsistent with the natural use of the word) anyone other than people who are ethnically Jewish or follwers of religious Judaism to be openly identifying themselves as anti-Semitic.

(How much more anti-Semitic can someone be than to take away a group's own word and claim that it truly belongs to other people?)

Edited by bolt.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, ArteHaus said:

I am knitting a baby blanket now, ironically, lol.

No one is ruffling feathers by saying something contrary to the many pc comments on these threads.

How is natural birth control feather ruffling?

Why is it offensive to say that hbc is not great if you value optimal health? None of that is controversial, just true.

How is disagreeing with abortion more feather ruffling than agreeing with it? Just a matter of opinion. 

I haven’t seen much dialogue, just agreement with this or that. Dialogue may include alternative opinions. That is what makes interesting dialogue.

Put you hands over your ears and eyes. Other people’s thoughts and opinions are just frightful, I know :))

I am just asking that you back up a statement that YOU made.  Show me evidence that a poster here "loves" abortion.  You can't.  Because literally no one does indeed "love" abortion.  That is "ruffling."  Saying something outlandish with zero evidence with the only purpose being to "ruffle."  I mean, I know you know that.  You do this on purpose because you get some sort of sick enjoyment out of it.  I guess this dialog is for the benefit of any unsuspecting person that wanders in to this thread and thinks that there are seriously people on this forum that "love abortion."  There are not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bolt. said:

I take anyone referring to Hebrew people as truly (in italics for emphasis and to indicate anti-factual interpretation inconsistent with the natural use of the word) anyone other than people who are ethnically Jewish or religious Judaism to be openly identifying themselves as anti-Semitic.

(How much more anti-Semitic can someone be than to take away a group's own word and claim that it truly belongs to other people?)

Yes, in italics for that reason.

Jews are Yaphetic (Japheth). They, as a group do not belong to Shem. 

African-Americans, for example, are Shemitic, notably those who were brought to America (and to the four corners, respectively) by slave ship. Africa is comprised of Ham and Shem, from the genealogy found in Genesis.

We could examine the different haplogroups that comprise Shem vs Yapheth, but that is in vain here as you won’t get passed my second sentence.

Besides, Judaism is Talmudic more than Torah centric. 

For example, King Herod would have been a Hellenized Jew, not of Yisrael, or Hebrew descent. There were conversions, but we are talking about blood.

Edited by desertflower
Offensive remark
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ArteHaus said:

African-Americans, for example, are Shemitic, notably those who were brought to America (and to the four corners, respectively) by slave ship. Africa is comprised of Ham and Shem, from the genealogy found in Genesis.

We could examine the different haplogroups that comprise Shem vs Yapheth, but that is in vain here as you won’t get passed my second sentence.

For example, King Herod would have been a Hellenized Jew, not of Yisrael, or Hebrew descent. There were conversions, but we are talking about blood.

So yes, Jews are a people, with a religion and identity, and adoption of some Torah practice, just not the Shemitic descendants of Abraham. 

That's racist. And disgusting.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, skimomma said:

I am just asking that you back up a statement that YOU made.  Show me evidence that a poster here "loves" abortion.  You can't.  Because literally no one does indeed "love" abortion.  That is "ruffling."  Saying something outlandish with zero evidence with the only purpose being to "ruffle."  I mean, I know you know that.  You do this on purpose because you get some sort of sick enjoyment out of it.  I guess this dialog is for the benefit of any unsuspecting person that wanders in to this thread and thinks that there are seriously people on this forum that "love abortion."  There are not.

You speak about abortion as if it is a terrible thing, is it or not?

The last thread on the abortion pill had a lot of hens screeching and gobbling about how precious abortion is and how terrible it was that women couldn’t easily have their babies chopped and screwed. 

Anyone who spoke against it, well they get eggs and tomatoes. It’s interesting, really.

1 minute ago, bolt. said:

Stuff anti-Semites say: "The Jewish people are the ones being racist against me-e!"

Not me specifically, but certainly against those who are the true descendants of Avraham.

They never would have been called Jewish anyway. The letter “j” is only about 400 years old.

By the way, if you know anything about Scripture or the Israelites, could you tell me when “Jews” were transported by slave ship to the four corners of the earth and were in bondage for 400 years? There is nothing of that in their history. The Holocaust is not enslavement on this scale. 

I think to have a real historical conversation here, you would have to have some regard for Scripture. If you don’t then yeah, keep on with what you think. I can’t inform you or educate you.

17 minutes ago, ArteHaus said:

So yes, Jews are a people, with a religion and identity, and adoption of some Torah practice, just not the Shemitic descendants of Abraham. 

I’m assuming that you are a “black Israelite”. 

Nope, just another Anglo-Saxon.

Black Hebrew Israelites teach that no other race can receive Salvation. There is much to disagree with within that community. My husband debated them for years, and some of their preposterous claims aren’t scriptural, so no. Again, I can’t really go into that when folks don’t believe in Scripture. Many of the BHI claims can be refuted. However, the fact that “black” people are of Shem, is a fact.

I personally think that is a beautiful thing and what a powerful history for a people to have! 

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I’m assuming that you are a “black Israelite”. 

Edited by ArteHaus