Menu

Sassafras Science?

AnneGG

If you’ve used Sassafras Science do you have any thoughts or opinions to share? Most of the reviews I’ve seen on Amazon are glowing, but YouTube reviews say it’s terrible. I tried the sample, it didn’t seem too bad but it’s hard to tell from a few pages. How are the activities? Does it require expensive supplies? I can probably work about $20 for supplies a month into my budget. 

Edited by AnneGG

• AnneGG changed the title to Sassafras Science?

Years ago, we did the first couple books.  I don't actually recall there being many supplies at all. It seemed like the journal was mostly writing/drawing activities - though it is possible that my DD just wasn't interested in the activities so we skipped them. 

The thing I do remember are the typos...not sure if they've come out with edited or updated editions of the first couple books, but I am fairly tolerant of typos and these books had enough to drive me crazy.  This was when they were new, so I would hope they're updated by now! 

• Like 1