Menu

Do you ever feel like a

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think wow I must be the most boring people on the planet. The Valentines cake I posted a recipe for only had one response and I thought it would be a big hit. So yes I know how you feel.
I was out of town on Valentines day. I'm going back to look for your recipe! :)

I hate to think what else I missed.

I think wow I must be the most boring people on the planet. The Valentines cake I posted a recipe for only had one response and I thought it would be a big hit. So yes I know how you feel.

Oh, I feel that way about a lot of my posts too! I never saw yours about the cake. I just went back and looked for it. That came up on the day I had allergy testing and other appts. (a really not so fun day). Sorry I missed it. It looks great!

I must be really thick skinned b/c I don't take it personally. ;) Hey, maybe you just get to have the last word.....something I rarely get to do around here. :)

If it helps, I always enjoy reading your posts, Melissa. And Karen, if I hadn't spent Valentine's Day sick as a dog in a house full of unpacked boxes with kids sick all around me......I would have enjoyed a Valentine's cake recipe. :)

Just post away.....there are a lot more people reading than responding. :)

But I also see replies still ending up placed in weird places, rather than after what seems like it should be the post they're replying to, so I think folks are still just getting used to the differences in these boards.

So if you *do* post in direct response to the original poster, you may end up last in the thread, even though if you look at your time of post, it's way before the thread ended.....

Regena

I think it's a byproduct of the setup of the new forum. I know with the threads constantly popping back to the top, sometimes I end up not continuing to go back in to read additional posts even in a thread that I had found interesting the past three times I cked it! It's like you left the room, and then you have to go sticking your head back in again constantly. I do enough of that IRL with the kids-LOL! I'm finding it a LOT harder here to reply to or even read things like I used to on the old boards (although I like many features here and I am grateful we have this forum.) Like someone else said, I think many people are reading, just not always responding. I often have to do that myself due to time constraints. But you just never know who you're blessing with your post, so just keep posting!

I must be really thick skinned b/c I don't take it personally. ;) Hey, maybe you just get to have the last word.....something I rarely get to do around here. :)

If it helps, I always enjoy reading your posts, Melissa. And Karen, if I hadn't spent Valentine's Day sick as a dog in a house full of unpacked boxes with kids sick all around me......I would have enjoyed a Valentine's cake recipe. :)

Just post away.....there are a lot more people reading than responding. :)

Hope you're feeling better! And that last line - there are a lot more people reading than responding is so true.

After all these years on this board, I know not to take it personally. Sometimes I still do, but I KNOW it's not a conspiracy. (right?? right???)

Aw, Jean, I won't let you be the thread killer. I'll be the bad guy!

I hate how I feel like I have to quote people to know what I'm talking about - I can't just jump back up to the OP and answer, my answer has to be mixed in with the thread derailment, if it comes to that. Makes my post feel unnecessary sometimes.

Yes, sometimes I do feel that way.

But the nice thing about this setup is that you can actually see how many people have read the thread. And the number of readers always far outweighs the number of posters. So it's quite possible that people read your post and kind of nodded and thought "Yup, she said it all. Nothing more to add." So instead of seeing yourself as a "thread killer" why not say "I am a thread fulfiller"? Your post is so good that you've spoken the Final Word! 301.gif

Oh, and no one is ignored here, truly. There are countless times that I read a thread or a post and then just keep going depending on time constraints, etc.

LRB_0754 posted: "Yeah...or else just ignored. "

I also feel ignored a lot of the time. Some days it hurts my feelings, sometimes not. I think most people here don't mean to ignore others on purpose. The boards move pretty fast here.

nt

I think wow I must be the most boring people on the planet.

Don't hate me for this...I'm really not a stickler for typos. Okay, maybe I am a little bit. I don't think less of anyone, I just get the biggest chuckle out of them sometimes. I like words, that's all. So, here, I'm laughing at you saying "I must be the most boring PEOPLE on the planet" and thinking that you have it made because one of you could always just reply to the other one. The conversation could go on for hours. Much like the ones I have in my head with my own people. LOL!! scratchchin.gif

Don't hate me for this...I'm really not a stickler for typos. Okay, maybe I am a little bit. I don't think less of anyone, I just get the biggest chuckle out of them sometimes. I like words, that's all. So, here, I'm laughing at you saying "I must be the most boring PEOPLE on the planet" and thinking that you have it made because one of you could always just reply to the other one. The conversation could go on for hours. Much like the ones I have in my head with my own people. LOL!! scratchchin.gif

LOL

I was thinking, when people say they are in their own little world.

Major Thread Killer here! I thought I was the only one who felt that way. I have thick skin about it most of the time, but I am skilled at taking the interest out of interesting. It is easy for me to take the fun out of funny. When I deliver a punch line, people are still waiting for it. So I try not to post too often or talk too much and just enjoy being with ya'll. But...after a cup of coffee, I really start to take chances, only to find out it's just all too true still.

Fishnoises is something my husband and I call those little kissing noises you make in your loved ones ears. (Kind of like little popping noises. We figure that they kind of sound like the noise fish make!) Now it has a bit of a Christian connotation for us....

Now with this information I am afraid I have possibly killed this thread!!!!

thread killer? LOL! I feel like sometimes things are going like mad with a thread and then I post and blammo, it's done for! Just wondering if others are feeling it too:eek:

Just look at it this way: If no one responds after you, it must be because you have given the perfect response and there is nothing useful that anyone else could add. :D

Nope, not much. tongue-wink.gif

That's sorta my philosophy. Although I admit feeling very guilty when I read the perfect response and don't have time (or -- more likely -- energy) to tell the person how perfect their answer was, then the thread dies.

I sorta like rep because it takes less energy to spread good stuff to the poster. But the thread still just goes pfffft.

No. You can only see how many people opened the thread. There's no way to know whether anybody read your post. I always feel like no one reads mine, and it is true that I rarely get any replies. I figure that is because of the time of night that I post -- often very late after the rest of you are done with the conversation. And I guess that's OK because I keep posting. :)

I posted the link for an online video about Passover. It's a great video, and I thought for sure people would enjoy watching it. There was no reply to my post -- bummer, bummer -- but yesterday I went to the site of the online video and saw that over 300 people have accessed it since last week (when I posted the link)! The video had been online for 11 months, and only 740 had watched it during that time. Three hundred watched it after I posted. But no one said they liked it.

Slinking away....

This thread is going to be like the Shari Lewis and lambchop skit?

(music playing)

This is the thread that never ends.

Yes it goes on and on my friends.

Some people - started posting it, not knowing what it was -

And they'll just keep on posting here forever just because. . .

This is the thread that never ends,

(repeat ad nauseum!)

:D

C'mon, someone post after me - I dare you!

P.S. I killed the Kosovo/Belgrade thread earlier today!

This thread is going to be like the Shari Lewis and lambchop skit?

(music playing)

This is the thread that never ends.

Yes it goes on and on my friends.

Some people - started posting it, not knowing what it was -

And they'll just keep on posting here forever just because. . .

This is the thread that never ends,

(repeat ad nauseum!)

:D

C'mon, someone post after me - I dare you!

P.S. I killed the Kosovo/Belgrade thread earlier today!

:eek: And I just have to add, I hate you, :D Dh used to put that song in my head and it would stay there for weeks!! He thought it was funny to see me suffer. I have been free of that song for 10 years. And Now. it. is back! Thanks for that! :p

The video had been online for 11 months, and only 740 had watched it during that time. Three hundred watched it after I posted. But no one said they liked it.

Slinking away....

I totally missed the link to the video, but I am very interested, and I'm sure I'll watch it now.

So I'll thank you in advance for such a cool link! ok-wink.gif

No. You can only see how many people opened the thread. There's no way to know whether anybody read your post. I always feel like no one reads mine, and it is true that I rarely get any replies. I figure that is because of the time of night that I post -- often very late after the rest of you are done with the conversation. And I guess that's OK because I keep posting. :)

I'm reading yours now, and I know I've read them before.

I know the feeling you describe, though.

"If a woman in the forest types a post, and it gets no answer, was it ever heard?"

(or something like that. I hope you get what I meant!:))

cool.gif