Menu

Selling items locally — how would you do it? (No FB)

Spryte

11 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

There is Next Door.  I think there's a category specifically for selling things, though I don't know how many use it here and instead post their stuff in the general category.

Thanks! I had forgotten about Next Door.

50 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

Do you have enough to do a garage sale? They are a pain in the butt and you don't get as much for your stuff but at least it's moved out of your house.

I don’t think there’s enough for that now.

Maybe when I started! I’ve been freecycling quite a bit, and have given away 24 boxes of homeschooling curriculum. Whew. 

Mostly now I want to offload some furniture. It’s nice enough that I feel like I should try to sell it, but if all else fails I could freecycle it as well.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

There is Next Door.  I think there's a category specifically for selling things, though I don't know how many use it here and instead post their stuff in the general category.

Our nextdoor area is very active with sales. The leads are quick to remove items from the general category, but some might not be as strict. Some items will show up in the general area, but will show they were posted to the "for sale" section. I guess it's to remind people to check there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spryte said:

I had forgotten about Next Door, so I will try that.

depends how your area is - my next door is pretty sad for business/sales.

and it can vary for different items.  Somethings do better with FB, and some do better with Craigslist.  Nothing does better (here) with next door.

I think some are trying to make "offer up" a thing - but i've never used it.