Menu

Ordinary Parent's Guide...Reading editions

Erin K. D.

Hello,

I'm interested in learning more about the Ordinary Parent's Guide. I'm looking over the sample pages of the new edition and the student book. Can someone tell me whether the original edition is the same, just all in one book or are there notable differences? I like the idea of just having one book. So far we have used Teach Your Child... 100 Easy Lessons. What I like most about it is that it is one book, not a teacher book and a separate student book.

We are using 100 easy lessons as well. Soon we will be moving to ordinary parents guide. My son loves having his own book. He gets distracted easily in the 100 easy lessons so I do think switching gears will be good for him. From what I understand it’s the same thing and easily distracted kids do better without the extra distraction. I don’t think you could go wrong with either version.

• Thanks 1

I have both books on my shelf, older editions.

OPTG's text for the child to read is smaller and squeezed onto the page with the parent instructions.  I don't mind using it with an older child, but it's not a great text to open and go with younger, more wiggly kids.  You should definitely rewrite the material on index cards or a blank page for them.

I know it sounds odd to say that when I'm fine with 100 Easy Lesson's layout, but the child text is bigger and much more indicated that it's for the kid to read, and I have supplemental materials that make it easier so we don't *have* to use that book as an all in one, either.

• Thanks 1