Menu

Pray NOW

ScoutTN

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also live in middle TN not terribly far from where this happened although I have no personal involvement the way Scout does. I am feeling much less safe than I was just the day before when I was telling my hubby that a much less crime was unlikely because stuff like that doesn't happen here. I am a wreck. I can't imagine how you must be feeling Scout. My thoughts are with you.

• Sad 9

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. 

We are forever changed and beginning to recover, but it will be a long, long road. Please continue to pray for the six families who lost loved ones, for our church family and school community, for those leading the difficult work of restoration and moving ahead. Difficult decisions and many hours of work.

We are thankful for the massive outpouring of support from people near and far, for abundant counseling resources available to all affected, for hands-on practical support, and for hugs and friends to cry with.

One small example of kindness. People donated hundreds of new stuffed animals so that every child attending a memorial service could have one to hug. Lovely. Simple. Good. 

School families and church staff have meals, childcare, care packages, flowers, gift cards, and hand-written notes. All blessings.

• Like 49

@ScoutTNthank you for posting.  The kindness of others is so touching and overwhelming. 

I remember this from our school shooting in our little town - so many mixed emotions with all the good coming from all the bad.  It was hard to process it all.  

Again, I'm very sorry for all affected on every level.  😞 

• Like 8