Menu

What would you do with $10,000

itsheresomewhere

• 5 months later...

I would invest this money in my business. I need a good website and I know that a custom cms is likely to be the right choice. The problem is I'm clueless about all this and I don't dare to do this work by myself, so the only way out is to hire professionals. And I need money for this.

Edited by Rosla

Put in an automatic watering system in our little  food forest and maybe our ornamental woodland garden.
Build that Ana White greenhouse with a few nifty modifications.
Take those low key, week long trips to Chicago in the summer and Boston in the fall to tour each city and their nearby gardens.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 8:18 PM, Lecka said:

Landscaping.  

Before reading this I hadn't considered landscaping. But man, 10k would buy rest of the hardscaping materials and the larger/mature versions of the plants I want. It might even be enough to allow me to find one of the rare plants I am eager to get my hands on. 

• Like 1

Travel. For fun, no bills, just fun for our family — travel would be the answer.

Landscaping comes in second, because that’s fun to DH and me, but I think not so much for the kids. Tempting, though.

Would a bathroom in the basement be considered fun? Probably not, but $10K would be a good start toward that project.

If the relative left $50K with the fun stipulation — I would want to put it toward a pool. 

• Like 1