Menu

Well bummer. Job searching is hard. Sigh.

Halftime Hope

I had a job offer, asked for a second interview so I could make a good decision, and it did not go well. The part that is sad is that I had a hint and was concerned I wouldn't be a good fit, and I'm not, but I still really like the mission of the organization.

Bummer.

Edited by Halftime Hope
  • Sad 22

I always say that job hunting is much worse than giving birth. It lasts longer, is more painful and, when all is said and done, all you have is a job instead of a baby. 

That said, hang in there. Both my elder kiddo and I have been job hunting, started within a week or so of each other about six weeks ago. I started a new job today, and they are expecting one offer next week and got word today that they are being moved on to another round of interviews for another position. Things do happen. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kanin said:

I've never heard of asking for a second interview to find out about fit. That's a great idea! At least you know now rather than having to possibly leave later. It's still a bummer though. 

Yep. It's a shame, because I still like the service they provide. It's at times like these that I'm glad it's not a small town.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LifeLovePassion said:

It's such a slow process. I have had a few interviews, but no offers yet. 

My mental health needs an offer soon. I could physically feel the stress yesterday. 

Awww, I'm so sorry. I hope something comes up soon, and in the meantime, I'm sending virtual hugs.