Menu

This is the face of the cat that is going to cause my death

Terabith

Inky is very cute.  And very sweet.  But her habit of running in front of people and hurling herself to the ground all splayed out with her tummy in the air is going to kill me one day. Today she did it on the stairs while I was carrying a laundry basket.  

She also bites faces.  They’re like playful nips but I worry one day she’ll cause damage.  And no, no negative reinforcement curtails her acts.  

F2EFF9F6-8D5A-44C4-91A3-74BEF7D343E0.jpeg

Edited by Terabith
  • Like 6
  • Haha 8

Cats!!! 

Mine won't attack on the stairs, but likes to sleep there. And she matches the carpet on the stairs. I keep telling her we are both going to die if I step on her, but she doesn't listen. 

She used to bite, but is much better about it now. I think growing up a bit helped? She likes to "help" me sew, and is currently on my naughty list for all her "help" with cutting fabric today. 

Edited by ktgrok
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

My cat—-who can never get enough to eat…..was crying and crying for food today about 3 hours before her scheduled feed time. I told her ‘ no I am not going  to fed you.’  A few minutes later she jumped out to rush at me from under the table.  I told Dh she is angry because I won’t feed her.

She gets fed at 6 a.m every morning and then immediately goes to the neighbors for more food. 🤦🏻‍♀️🙄

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Terabith said:

But her habit of running in front of people and hurling herself to the ground all splayed out with her tummy in the air is going to kill me one day. Today she did it on the stairs while I was carrying a laundry basket.  

Our cat does this all the time.  I am certain she is trying to trip us because there is no other explanation for what she does.

Our first cat was a rescue and it got really mean with the biting to the point where I was scared of him at times.  We found another home for him when I got pregnant with ds1 because I was scared he would bite me while I was holding the baby.   He would attack my legs/ankles.  

52 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Cats!!! 

Mine won't attack on the stairs, but likes to sleep there. And she matches the carpet on the stairs. I keep telling her we are both going to die if I step on her, but she doesn't listen. 

She used to bite, but is much better about it now. I think growing up a bit helped? She likes to "help" me sew, and is currently on my naughty list for all her "help" with cutting fabric today. 

When she splays out in front, it’s not an attack. I actually think it’s her way of saying, “Play wrestle?” because it’s what she does with Aslan and Obama to initiate play.  She’s also a big foot under covers attacker, which means she spends a lot of nights in the basement.  

51 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

My cat—-who can never get enough to eat…..was crying and crying for food today about 3 hours before her scheduled feed time. I told her ‘ no I am not going  to fed you.’  A few minutes later she jumped out to rush at me from under the table.  I told Dh she is angry because I won’t feed her.

She gets fed at 6 a.m every morning and then immediately goes to the neighbors for more food. 🤦🏻‍♀️🙄

My sis cat who was like this had thyroid issues which meant she wasn’t processing the food properly! that’s probably not the case for yours but just thought I’d mention it 

Just now, Ausmumof3 said:

My sis cat who was like this had thyroid issues which meant she wasn’t processing the food properly! that’s probably not the case for yours but just thought I’d mention it 

We have talked to our vet about it extensively.  He always just tells us she is fat and it isn't good for her. When we got her she was tiny…near starved stray. I think she weighed 6 pounds . We took her back to to the vet a few months later and she weighed 13 pounds! 

4 hours ago, Scarlett said:

We have talked to our vet about it extensively.  He always just tells us she is fat and it isn't good for her. When we got her she was tiny…near starved stray. I think she weighed 6 pounds . We took her back to to the vet a few months later and she weighed 13 pounds! 

Ah lol

She’s trying to catch up! 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

But, but...he's so cute! How can you be upset at the pretty, pretty face? Our cats love to play with our throw rugs. That's what's going to kill me one day. Nearly happened yesterday as I was carrying in groceries. There are so many times during the day that I need to fix them that I'm half tempted to velcro them to the floor.

She is SO cute!  And when she’s not trying to kill me, or hunting my feet at night, she’s so sweet.  Some nights she’ll sleep curled up in my arms all night like a super soft teddy bear that purrs!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1