Menu

February craft thread

Melissa in Australia

I have a blanket for my kid's coach on my needles.  If it goes as intended, it'll have their logo in the center, and the border will have the name of the team and the year.  I'm hoping to do a flannel sheet back where the kids all sign their name and number.

There are only so many cups and signs a coach can get as an end of year gift. 😄

• Like 4

Scratching away at my humongous Riolys Starry Night. This really will take forever but I am enjoying it.

Trying to pull together something smaller for an upcoming trip. It’s nice to have something in the car. It’s essential to have something to help fill the time and keep my hands busy when hanging out with my cranky but much-beloved elderly friend. 

• Like 5

I finally got the side borders done and onto the anniversary quilt I was working on last month - next up, make a back for it, then quilt it. Hopefully both of those things will be finished by the end of February. It is an enormous size - 103" x 106" - so we shall see.  He asked for the card suit symbols on the corner stones where the side & bottom borders meet, so used the fabrics from the center "card tricks" cards and made those. I'm very happy with how it came out, and very intimidated to quilt it. Ha! It's so enormous. 

IMG_5469.JPG

IMG_5467.JPG

IMG_5466.JPG

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, TheReader said:

I finally got the side borders done and onto the anniversary quilt I was working on last month - next up, make a back for it, then quilt it. Hopefully both of those things will be finished by the end of February. It is an enormous size - 103" x 106" - so we shall see.  He asked for the card suit symbols on the corner stones where the side & bottom borders meet, so used the fabrics from the center "card tricks" cards and made those. I'm very happy with how it came out, and very intimidated to quilt it. Ha! It's so enormous. 

IMG_5469.JPG

IMG_5467.JPG

IMG_5466.JPG

You rocked it!!! 😍

Edited by Faith-manor
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TheReader said:

That is the absolute most darling outfit ever!! So sweet!

Thank you so much! I have several more adorable prints. I am a little worried about the fit, the ease of getting little one into the shirt. It unsnaps so I think it will be okay, but I am having Dd put it on T (the hospital is letting him wear clothing now) to make sure I do not need to adjust the pattern before I go and sew any others.

Edited by Faith-manor
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got the pants done, and this photo is a much better one. The other made the fabric look dark yellow. This is actually pale yellow with grey and black hand honeybees. The pants are pale grey with tiny white dots. The same decorative stitch on the arm cuff is also on the leg cuff which I managed to cut off in the photo.

333305422_746691813624218_4820287030485826653_n.jpg

• Like 8

I have been working on this project since November. Except for the month of December when I worked on it periodically, I've been working on it every day. I've listened to all the Harry Potter books, all of the Expanse series (9 books), 2 of the Mistborn series and a couple of random books in between while working on this. I truly am the slowest crafter on the planet but I'm enjoying it. It will be Freud as the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland. Both side sections need to be finished and there is still the whole bottom of sections yet to go.

FreudCaterpillar.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, stephanier.1765 said:

I have been working on this project since November. Except for the month of December when I worked on it periodically, I've been working on it every day. I've listened to all the Harry Potter books, all of the Expanse series (9 books), 2 of the Mistborn series and a couple of random books in between while working on this. I truly am the slowest crafter on the planet but I'm enjoying it. It will be Freud as the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland. Both side sections need to be finished and there is still the whole bottom of sections yet to go.

FreudCaterpillar.jpg

Magnificent 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stephanier.1765 said:

FreudCaterpillar.jpg

First, I love your book selections (guess I need to put the Mistborn series in hold!) Second, is this a pattern you purchased, or were you just struck one day out of the blue by the idea of a Freud/Caterpillar mashup??? Third, tell me about the bee perched in the lower left quadrant?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Miss Tick said:

First, I love your book selections (guess I need to put the Mistborn series in hold!) Second, is this a pattern you purchased, or were you just struck one day out of the blue by the idea of a Freud/Caterpillar mashup??? Third, tell me about the bee perched in the lower left quadrant?

First, thanks! I love to listen to old favorites while crafting. They don't need my whole brain to focus on the story.

Second, I wish I was that smart and creative. Truly! No, I found them at this Etsy shop which is chock full of literary cross stitch. I want to do them all! Of course at the rate of my cross stitch capabilities, I may not have enough of a lifetime left.

Third, the bee is my needle minder. I love those little things and I'm starting to get a small collection of them. LOL

Edited to add link to Etsy shop

Edited by stephanier.1765
  • Like 4