Menu

hit or miss gifts

lynn

8 hours ago, teachermom2834 said:

My 14 yo dd had been seeing Warmies when we were out and about and kind of obsessing about wanting one so we ended up giving those to my teen nieces  and they were well received. If you have managed not to see them (seems like I am seeing them advertised everywhere) they are stuffed animals that you can put in the microwave and heat up. So they are like a cute soft heating pad. I’m not really a stuffed animal person but they are very cute and soft and they kind of feel like a weighted stuffed animal? We also sent one to my son’s 22 yo girlfriend who we had no idea what to buy for but she loves dinosaurs so we sent her a dinosaur Warmie and said “sending a Christmas hug” on the card and she loved it. So those were cute and fun and filled the “what do we buy these people” need this year. I felt satisfied for about five minutes and immediately started wondering what the heck I would buy these people next year. 

I've gotten Warmies for several people this past year - and my MIL had me send some to her friends as well. All seem to be a hit. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MEmama said:

https://nodpod.com/

After he woke up from a 3 hour nap, I tried it and almost fell asleep myself. It’s not heavy, just very very comfortable—hits the pressure points just right. He used it again in the evening and fell back to sleep on the couch, where he's still sleeping this morning 🤣. 10/10 recommend! 

Thank you! I am going to order one for myself and I am wondering if the color matters? Do the darker colors provide more of a blackout effect or does it not matter?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mathnerd said:

Thank you! I am going to order one for myself and I am wondering if the color matters? Do the darker colors provide more of a blackout effect or does it not matter?

I got bright blue for DS and it’s definitely dark. The material is thick, I’d be surprised if color makes a difference but can’t say for sure.

• Thanks 1

Most times, if a kid asks for something out of my price comfort zone, I just don’t do that item. This year, my 15yo asked for AirPods, which was definitely outside of that zone for me, especially having very strong suspicions that he’s likely to lose them.  
I talked to my eldest (our electronics guru) and decided to go with his approval for substituting with Beats earpods, though I was a *little concerned that 15yo would be meh about it.  
He was not. He seems very happy, and they’re a cool color, harder to lose.  
I am relieved. Because I don’t consider that an *in*expensive substitute!

• Like 3

Our three boys each received Xbox series X. Those were a surprise and a hit, as expected. What we didn’t expect…their old Xboxes were passed to our girls, and the girls spent yesterday gaming together. They are so excited to have Xboxes too! Neither girl has ever expressed interest in gaming or Xboxes, but maybe they were interested but just prioritized their wish lists differently?

13 hours ago, Bambam said:

I've gotten Warmies for several people this past year - and my MIL had me send some to her friends as well. All seem to be a hit. 

A Warmies chick that dd6 received was her favorite present. (Followed by a cowboy outfit and a dissectible human body!)