Menu

Problem sharing videos

Ellie

Color me "duh" today, but I'm kinda not sure what is blank.  The video showed up and when I clicked on the little arrow, it played. I never posted YouTube links so I don't know what it *should* look like...  Will you give me a little more description of What it was and What it is now?  Thank you.

12 hours ago, Helpdesk said:

Color me "duh" today, but I'm kinda not sure what is blank.  The video showed up and when I clicked on the little arrow, it played. I never posted YouTube links so I don't know what it *should* look like...  Will you give me a little more description of What it was and What it is now?  Thank you.

*I* cannot see the video. All I see is a big, empty space.

14 hours ago, Helpdesk said:

OK.  Now I know what to report to the techteam.  Thank you for clarifying.  (I can see it at least as admin. I'll double-check re: my civilian account before I report it.)

Thank you so much. 🙂 It's not a terrible bad thing, but it is disconcerting not being able to see the video myself. I haven't tried posting images.

Hi, Ellie -- I'll report it to the tech people.  I checked my civilian account and the video shows up there, so the issue is this: A member posted a link to a YouTube video.  She sees only a blank screen, but both I as an admin and as a civilian can see the linked video just fine. The board member used to see the link when she posted it, but doesn't anymore--she just sees a blank screen.  --Helpdesk

4 hours ago, Helpdesk said:

Hi, Ellie -- I'll report it to the tech people.  I checked my civilian account and the video shows up there, so the issue is this: A member posted a link to a YouTube video.  She sees only a blank screen, but both I as an admin and as a civilian can see the linked video just fine. The board member used to see the link when she posted it, but doesn't anymore--she just sees a blank screen.  --Helpdesk

Thank you. I appreciate your taking me seriously. 🙂

5 hours ago, Ellie said:

Thank you. I appreciate your taking me seriously. 🙂

Of. course! You've been a great contributor, for one thing. :0)

The tech guys asked if you could send a screenshot of what you see, and they asked if you would see what happens if you clear your cache (cookies and history) and see if things look normal again.  

I don't know what clearing the cache does but it's sort of magic, so it is worth giving a try.  Let me know what happens.

On 11/7/2022 at 10:44 PM, Helpdesk said:

Of. course! You've been a great contributor, for one thing. :0)

The tech guys asked if you could send a screenshot of what you see, and they asked if you would see what happens if you clear your cache (cookies and history) and see if things look normal again.  

I don't know what clearing the cache does but it's sort of magic, so it is worth giving a try.  Let me know what happens.

Aw, you're too kind. ❤️

A screenshot would look like this:

IOW, blank. Completely blank.

However, my own personal computer tech (aka Mr. Ellie) updated my Firefox, and now everything seems to work fine (when I went to YouTube, most of the videos I tried to watch were just blank green screens--sound, but only green. Now I can see everything, including videos I link here.

7 hours ago, Helpdesk said:

Interesting on Firefox.  If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to know what browser just showed blanks.  

Firefox. I only use Firefox, unless I'm forced to use Chrome, but Chrome does weird things regularly, so I try to avoid it.