Menu

How many years has your Blendtec or Vitamix blender held up for you?

Indigo Blue

My first Vitamix is 16 or 17 years old and still going strong. DS took that one to college and uses it daily to make mega-smoothies packed with flax and chia seeds, protein powder, and frozen fruit.  I bought my current one 4.5 years ago and use it at least daily for smoothies, soups, and sauces. I did splurge on the stainless steel container because hard seeds like flax & chia scratch up the plastic container and this sits on my counter 24/7 so the stainless one looks nicer and will last forever. (Ds still has the original 16-18 yr old container and doesn't care that it's scratched up.)

• Like 2

My first vitamix had something wrong with it as all it did pulverize anything it touch.  They were not very helpful when it started going wonky but said I could buy another…

My neighbor upgraded hers to a blendtec and gave me her old vitamix one as a thank you for helping her.  That one is great, works fantastic and is a discontinued model.  

• Like 1

Vitamix is maybe 10 years old. I once had the bottom come off when it was blending, and the smoothie poured into the motor compartment. I took it apart and cleaned it, but it has never quite been the same. It still blends great but has a weird motor surge every once in a while.  

• Like 1